No Fish, But Good Catch

Roybrew

Bought a new double blade paddle, a couple of weeks ago. Took my Mohawk 13' solo canoe to the river the next morning to try it out, and do a little small mouth lip yanking. Well it was late morning by the time I got my rear in gear. The sun [emoji41] was bright and heating things up.IMG_20210626_160817422~2.jpg I peeled out of my shirt and put my life jacket back on, only because I promised my wife I'd wear it when I was on the river. The river was flowing normal, so I moved up stream at a pretty good pace.IMG_20210626_145847814~2.jpg I'd paddle up to a set of shoals jump out, pull it above and jump back in.IMG_20210626_150404078~2.jpgIMG_20210626_150730610~2.jpg I had a certain bend in the river, about a mile up stream, that was my goal and turn around spot. I gave up on that because of all the small gravels and mussel shells that would get stuck in my sandals when I was wading around the shoals. IMG_20210626_150727590~2.jpgIMG_20210626_154844679~2.jpg I didn't catch any fish, but I did find a great hub cap. I think it's off a 39 FordIMG_20210626_152809608~2.jpg I thought that was a pretty good catch.

Next day I heard there was a Bigfoot sighting in that area. I look good in my cool ray sun glasses.maxresdefault~2.jpg

ppine

Forester
River days are some of the best days.
If you are serious about paddling, consider some water shoes instead of sandals.
I bought some years ago for hiking the side canyons of Grand Canyon. I wear them whenever I am in a boat, without socks.
The water drains out of them. They protect the feet. I have hiked up a creek with them carrying a pack no blisters, no chafe.

Roybrew

Yes I do need to get some. It's getting that time of year. I was just thinking I need to get on the river. Maybe give my nephew a shout and see if he wants to go.
It's strange how there's always time for work, but little time for pleasure. I've got to get out of my rut.
Thanks PPine. You've just reminded me of fun times on the river.
Roy

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Northern Dancer

River days are some of the best days.
If you are serious about paddling, consider some water shoes instead of sandals.
I bought some years ago for hiking the side canyons of Grand Canyon. I wear them whenever I am in a boat, without socks.
The water drains out of them. They protect the feet. I have hiked up a creek with them carrying a pack no blisters, no chafe.
=====> I hear what you are saying "Pine" - I used crocks on one trip this year and now I know why they call them crocks. As a reminder, I have this toe blood blister that will be with me for several months. Before the next trip, I immediately replaced them with canoe sandals. I didn't have a problem.

Roybrew

Here it is fall, and never did invest in a pair of river shoes. I did buy a new pair of Teva sandals for the river. Which I haven't been on.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk