S'mores and more..

Campergal

Of course everybody has to take marshmallows to camp with them--it just wouldn't be camp. Then of course the chocolate and graham crackers have to come for the s'mores.

I was thinking at camp this weekend (after the 3rd day in a row of s'mores)--"what else can we make for dessert at camp?"

I could not come up with any other good dessert. Do you have any recipes for camp desserts besides marshmallows? They are great the first couple days, after that they become old.

Would love some great camp dessert ideas.

jason

fear no beer
I love the fruit pies you buy for about 50 cents to a dollar. Other things to try:

Hobo Pies
* Slices of Bread
* Two or Three Tablespoons of your Favorite Pie Filling
* Two Tablespoons Cheesecake
Directions:
Roast and Enjoy!

-------------------------
Peach Cobbler

Large can of sliced peaches in heavy syrup

Bisquick

Drain off syrup. Save 1/4 cup of this syrup. Mix the 1/4 cup of syrup with Bisquick until it forms a batter type consistency. Pour batter back over sliced peaches in the can. Place lid over mix. Set can into hot coals. Cook until flour has formed hard dumplings.

---------------------

I will have to ask my brother about the ice cream he makes when away.

campclose

Those sound really great Jason. We use our sandwich maker to make pies over the camp fire.

We rarely have dessert when camping. I consider s'mores to be a "must-have" snack.

How about making popcorn? We take jiffy pop with us a lot of times. Remember the old jiffy pop popcorn that come in the tin like pouches that you pop over the fire. Last year we ended up using the grill to pop these, the fire was too hot.

How about making the banana dessert? You wrap a banana in tin foil, you add chocolate (we use chips), marshmallows, and whatever else you wish. Wrap them tight with foil and put over the fire. It's tasty and a bit different than plain old s'mores.

jason

fear no beer
How about making popcorn? We take jiffy pop with us a lot of times. Remember the old jiffy pop popcorn that come in the tin like pouches that you pop over the fire. Last year we ended up using the grill to pop these, the fire was too hot.
I forgot about those. I haven't seen them in forever. That is a great idea.