Ticks

2coastcamper

*raises hand* I hate them.

So, I used to live in North Carolina, and ticks were all over the place. But in NC, the ticks aren't known for carrying Lyme disease. Now, I live in California, and the ticks here to carry it. I have to worry about it more now.

I was on a bike ride through some old trails the other day, and I saw a tick crawling up my leg (I had stopped to sit on the ground and take a drink and eat a cornbread muffin). I flicked it off, but was worry, so I basically stripped down right there to give myself an inspection. When I got home, I had my fiancee do the same.

As far as tricks to avoid them ... don't know any, really. Just know how to check for them.

I'll come back to see if there are any tricks.

Nate9000

lol yes.. the best advice i know is to stay out of damp tall grass and leaves. usually after it just rained is when their the most active.

when i was younger, i was dramatized when i found 3 ticks burrowing under my skin... i was young mind you. so i flipped out and tore them right out of my skin... there was blood everywhere.. ever since then ive taken any measure.. such as drenching my legs in bug repellant. and watching where i step.

jason

fear no beer
I really haven't had a problem down here. When I lived in New York I've had them a few times. Pesky little things that is for sure. I check the baby after everytime we go out. But to be honest, I do not really check myself.

Nate9000

I really haven't had a problem down here. When I lived in New York I've had them a few times. Pesky little things that is for sure. I check the baby after everytime we go out. But to be honest, I do not really check myself.
lol must be nice living in florida eh? atleast we dont have anything much worse. or dangerous. unless you count bear and mountain lion.

justontime

I haven't had a problem with ticks, I don't think they are usually a problem in England, but my dog has had a tick once or twice.

jason

fear no beer
It's too hot in Florida.
:rofl:

I wish. Although it could be part of the reason. I was just thinking about it, and I think of the two dogs I've had since I moved here in '93 I think I maybe found 2 or 3 ticks.

Now if we are talking misquote's, we have our fill.