Time for Camping in the Backyard

ppine

Forester
We have campsite at our place and as soon as it stops snowing, it will be time to use it.
A fire feels good. Time to cook in a Dutch Oven and stare at the Pine Nut Mountains.

Cappy

We do this year round. We have a lil courtyard with a fire pit and out door cooking stuff. I just set up out door stove for this years cooking season we cooked a pot of beans yesterday outside this kept us from steaming up our whole little house. I was able to keep an eye on em as I cut grass and cut up limbs and tended the fire pit. It was a good day

ppine

Forester
Still snowing. No grass cutting.
I will be sleeping in my trailer until it warms up.
I mostly cook outside at the campsite in spring and fall. In summer I just use the barbeque. The fire is too hot to cook around.

Cappy

We live in a very small house. It is very well insulated so needs very little heat or cool our ac dont run much and our heat lots less. A pot of beans simmering on the stove will heat the whole house up. We cook lots outside even during the summer heat. The patio is deep shade and breezy and by doing this we enjoy 100$ utility bills the year round.

Mountaineer

When it's an impossible time to get away, pitching a backyard tent is a fun thing to do. We are not stuck at home, but camping at home. :fire5:

Northern Dancer

...I've just put up my Alaknak in the backyard. I think with the current situation a lot more will be pitching a tent in the back. Our temperatures today are in the high 70's and that's just fine for me. But in August? I've got the whole month blocked off and I'm sure hoping...

Roybrew

That's what I need to do. I'm taking 4 days off next week because I wanted to glass the outside hull of my canoe. If that goes well, and I have a couple of days left, maybe I'll be pitching the tent [emoji554]. In the yard or someplace else.

Northern Dancer

That's what I need to do. I'm taking 4 days off next week because I wanted to glass the outside hull of my canoe. If that goes well, and I have a couple of days left, maybe I'll be pitching the tent [emoji554]. In the yard or someplace else.
-----> ...go for it - it's the least we can do under these circumstances. As a former camp director my heart bleeds for the staff, counsellors, and campers who will not be able to attend camp this year. I'm particularly saddened that the specialty camps will be affected. Some camps will fold and disappear from the scene.

DeltaForcePower

Camping in the back yard is awesome. We set up a tent and and have a propane fire pit. Sometimes we even watch a movie with our portable solar generator.We have a huge backyard so it makes more sense then trying to run a really long extension cord for everything. Plus, the kids think it's really cool to not be connected to the house power. They say it's more like real camping that way. :camp2:

ppine

Forester
i have slept in the trailer the last 5 nights or so. It is quiet with battery operated lamps for reading. I have watched the full moon rise over the Pine Nuts. Then we had a wild fire that was important to keep an eye on. It eventually moved into old fire scars where the fuel had been removed, and burned itself pretty much out after several days. I can hear 3 different packs of coyotes in the trailer each night. In the house I only hear them maybe once a week or so. I hear owls and local donkeys going off. I tend to get up early though because of the neighbor;s rooster. Last night I slept great in the house. Now its time to get back out there, just me and the dog, Ruby Begonia.

Northern Dancer

Camping in the back yard is awesome. We set up a tent and and have a propane fire pit. Sometimes we even watch a movie with our portable solar generator.We have a huge backyard so it makes more sense then trying to run a really long extension cord for everything. Plus, the kids think it's really cool to not be connected to the house power. They say it's more like real camping that way. :camp2:
-----> and the really nice thing is the washroom is clean and tidy. :Smile2:

ppine

Forester
The backyard is much more private than any campground. I have a hot tub, a campsite, an ice machine, and a house nearby. It is beautiful out there. The back yard beyond the fence is 1 million acres of BLM land. I have never felt so lucky to be home in my life.

ppine

Forester
Actually sleeping in a tent in the backyard is pretty noisy. First it is the crickets and quail clucking around. Then we have 3 neighborhood donkeys that go off when ever they feel like it. The coyote choir starts up. Great horned owls are frequent visitors. The horses next door like bang on their metal feeders and squeal at each other. Finally my dog like to growl and bark at shadows. Then the rooster next door crows at 0530.

Sleeping in the trailer is much quieter.

ppine

Forester
Great horned owl last night in front of the nearly full moon. I sleep great in the trailer. If I stay in the house I miss this kind of stuff.

Cappy

great view last night here too big orange moon in the dusk light ad it always looks bigger when viewed through the trees