Adapting Your Gear

BigBackyard

Have you ever had a medical need that stopped you from camping? In this case I am likely to need a nebuliser for a short period of time and don't want to stay home. I've set up to run it on a battery to take it with me.

Have you ever adapted stuff so that you can keep your hobby?

GPER

My wife and youngest daughter have allergies, with other stuff and have one. More details of what you did would be great.

BigBackyard

You need a currency inverter to turn the dc current into ac mains voltage, and then you can run it through your car power port/cigarette lighter. I had the bits already so just had to pack them.

GPER, if you have longer term issues (I don't, this really is short term) then they actually sell battery powered nebs.

Camoguy

I haven't had that type of challenge yet. I don't see how people deal with things like that and I certainly admire you for adapting for your needs. Just make sure you have enough to take with you and an alternative schedule if you have to have it.

Chris

We usually have the motor home when we're camping so we would be OK if we needed something like that. I don't think I'd have the nerve to go camping if I had something that needed that type of treatment.