Another BP refugee....

tomas

Hello everybody! Got a PM suggesting I try this site and I like what I see so far.

sailorman

Hey, Tomas, welcome aboard, I think there is room between the alpaca (I think his name is Stinky) and the stack of survival guides! Take a seat! :p

jason

fear no beer
Greetings and salutations. I'm glad that you like what you see. How is it going today?

tomas

Nice to see you, Tomas. I haven't seen you at bp.com much lately. I hope your family is doing well.
I ended up taking a break given some personal stuff going on. I'm back there, though and slowly re-engaging people.

How's life out west with you? I'm starting to get some pressure from people out at the lab to come work there once my colleague retires.

tomas

Greetings and salutations. I'm glad that you like what you see. How is it going today?
Sorry for the delay! Life has been getting more hot and humid in the nation's capital. Thank goodness for air conditioning.

tomas

Howdy. Are you seriously going to do that arctic trek you were asking about? Brrrrrrrrr
That is one of my bucket list jaunts, so yes I'm serious. The original plan was a circumnavigation of the magnetic north pole, but my buddy chickened out.

ponderosa

I ended up taking a break given some personal stuff going on. I'm back there, though and slowly re-engaging people.

How's life out west with you? I'm starting to get some pressure from people out at the lab to come work there once my colleague retires.
We're great out here. My girls are almost too big to carry on hikes now. The lower elevation trails are finally hikable if one is brave enough for the raging stream crossings.
Wow, DC to the Idaho desert would be a big move. Definitely a different sort of commute.