Archery

fbird

i was always a diehard and only used a recurve. but as i got older and developed tendinitis i switched to a compound. it's not any easier to pull back, but much easier to hold back. for target a recurve is fine, for hunting where you may hold back longer waiting for a shot the compound is better.

HereToday

Haven't done archery in a few years, but I really enjoyed myself doing it. My bow was made of wood and I only used it for target practice.

jason

fear no beer
i was always a diehard and only used a recurve. but as i got older and developed tendinitis i switched to a compound. it's not any easier to pull back, but much easier to hold back. for target a recurve is fine, for hunting where you may hold back longer waiting for a shot the compound is better.
I have a recurve that I'm hoping to learn on. From there I was thinking about a compound for some possible hunting. It has been so long since I have been hunting, i'm not sure I'll remember how though.

fbird

it'll come back, start with a used recurve. once comfortable and sure its what you want then invest in a compound. practice is key, get comfortable with the boy you'll hunt with. remember patience is key, especially in bow huntin. i find bow huntin more rewarding, the challenge. more to acount for the arrow drops quicker, shorter range and wind makes more of a difference. so practice in different weather conditions.