Best meal

sarahlorrain

I don't know about my best meal, but I have to brag on the hamburgers I bbq'd last night. I had a couple of pounds of ground game meat. I mixed it up with a pound of ground beef, some ketchup, worchestershire sauce and ranch dressing. I bbq'd/smoked them slowly. They were de-lish!!

HereToday

We had some venison (deer meat?) that my Uncle shot. He was so upset about killing the deer (it was his first time hunting), but didn't think the meat should go to waste. After hearing his story I couldn't eat it.

rubybeetle

I love cooking boyscout dinners, a hamburger patty, potatoes, carrots and onions wrapped in tinfoil. They taste great.

kkimo

First night out I sometimes bring scallop/shrimp kabobs, prepared at home, wrapped in foil. Everyone's jealous, and I sometimes even share.

Dave

rubybeetle

I forgot about the chicken I made last camping trip. Bacon wrapped boneless skinless chicken breasts with new potatoes and baby carrots. I cooked them in foil too, they were tasty.

amine

First i have to admit i dont know cooking. Even if i try and cook i myself wont be able to eat it. But luckily we go in groups and someone does this work. I just eat lol.

agnes21

Maybe just some instant noodle with some chicken, beef or something. I like to eat noodles with a lot of beef for dinner to get some energy

nawza07

Cut the tops off some jalapenos and then gut the insides with a knife or something. After the inside is empty stuff it with some cheddar cheese. You can also make baked potatoes over a fire. You could cook some chicken over the fire, and make chicken chaser salads.

newname19

The best meal I had was when I brought cans in those freezer things you can take along (so I had pop) then I had meat (I bbqed with bbq sause) I also had ice cream :) and the last thing is I had chinese food that was wrapped around (no spoils).
:)
It was delcious.

tour

I would like to have a light meal which is easy to cook. I would like to have some sandwiches and noodles. A coffee would be nice with small snacks.

campman

The best meal I had was noodles with chicken . It was an awesome meal during the trip. I really enjoyed the taste. I was really tried after the trekking.

d1976

I am Gujarati so I like to eat Gujarati Thali only.
It is best food for me when ever I went to outdoors.

Reeses

^^ that looks good

I absolutely love genuine Indian food. My favorite is tandoori chicken with rice. I prefer going to the Indian restaurants that offer buffets so I could sample all the foods that I probably would never order on the menu due to not knowing them. Indian bread is the best. I must say it takes about a whole day for my stomach to recover.

ahmedabad

My best meal in outside the home is Gujarati and Punjabi both.
I sometimes eath gujarati dish and sometimes eat punjabi dish also.
Both are Indian food so I like both foods.

Thomas

My best meal ever:

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
10 tablespoons butter, room temperature
3/4 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon strawberry extract
1 3/4 cups self-rising flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries, drained

Intructions
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease 12 cupcake pan cups or line with paper liners.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the strawberry extract. Combine the self-rising flour and salt; stir into the batter just until blended. Fold in strawberries last. Spoon the batter into the prepared cups, dividing evenly.
Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan set over a wire rack. When cool, arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter. Frost with desired frosting.

shaan

Grab some cans of white meat canned chicken, some prediced veggies, and saute that in one pan while bringing the water to boil for the couscous in the other pan (if it takes more than two pans out camping, forget it). After the couscous is ready, stir in the chicken and veggies and you have a delicious, nutritious, get-your-energy-back dinner! I could eat this every day btw.

henry

My favorite food while camping is sandwich as its very easy to cook and its delicious.

steven

Mine was in hampi bazaar.
I can't remember the name (I don't even know if there was a name).
It is opposite to the one with the big big advertising-sign: "highly recommended by lonely planet"...
It is very small, only two tables outsight and cooking was done by woman.
Best palak paneer ever!
Very spicy!
Lots of flies or moskitos around the empty limca and thumbs up-bottles...
And when I was there (in 2001), everynight a sadhu (or holy man) came to get some food.

ahhh I wish I would there... and not in my warm and sticky non-aircon office...

richy

MEAL-IN-A-BOWL CHICKEN/TURKEY SOUP

2 lbs turkey wings, cut into pieces
2 lbs chicken wings
1 lbs carrots, peeled, trimmed and diced
1 celery heart, unpeeled with leaves, trimmed and diced
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 small cooking onion, diced
12 cups water

This tried-and-true recipe will soon become a family favorite. It freezes very well and is great to store in batches for quick, nourishing, hearty cold-day meals or for medicinal purposes!
Thoroughly wash the poultry until the water runs completely clear and place in a 6 quart pot. Add the cold water until the pot is about 3/4 full. Boil and skim off foam until no more appears.

Add vegetables and top off pot with water if there is room. Cover and simmer at least 3 hours (4 is better). Then remove from heat, remove poultry parts and strain broth.

If you wish to eat immediately, skim off fat from broth and return to pot with vegetables and shredded meat from wings. Taste before adding salt or pepper.

Add cooked noodles or rice if desired.

If storing/freezing, place broth in refrigerator overnight and remove fat next day, then recombine all ingredients.