Biscuit on a stick

Greatoutdoors

Want to let your kids help make breakfast while you are camping? I found this online and my kids are too small, but I thought some others might enjoy it.

All you need:
can biscuits
squeeze butter
1 stick

Preparation:
Roll out a biscuit with your hands so that it becomes elongated and about one inch thick at the center. Wrap it tightly around the end of your stick and pinching it as you go to insure that it stays on the stick while cooking. When done wrapping, the biscuit should take up about six inches of the stick. Heat over the campfire until golden brown. Pull it off the stick, pour butter down the hole left by the stick, and enjoy.

Grandpa

That is a great way to get the kids involved. And even picky eaters will eat their own first cooking. And since kids like to make a mess, we provide honey too. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t You can also throw the flattened biscuit directly on the coals, but have a stick ready to flip it a time or two.

limbs

I was reading your post and I was thinking, "what is can biscuit?", but I think you mean the cylinders that are in the refrigerator isles. That sounds like a really interesting way to have bread over a campfire.

Grandpa

I was reading your post and I was thinking, "what is can biscuit?", but I think you mean the cylinders that are in the refrigerator isles. That sounds like a really interesting way to have bread over a campfire.
Yes, and I just came from the store buying those for the first time in 40 some years. I'm making the chicken and dumpling recipe that was posted earlier today by outdoorchick.

Cappy

another good way to do da ole biscuit on a stick is to use a bigger stick ya widdled the end smooth. put end of stick in middle of biscuit then push biscuit around it when cooked it comes out like a lil cup, what ya put in the cup is limited only by ya imagination:tinysmile_tongue_t: