buying new

Outdooruser

When do you buy something new for camping? Do you wait for when you go camping or do you buy in the winter time?

I am one that buys year round. My family thinks I am nuts when I come home in the winter with a camping item, but they always enjoy using whatever I buy.

jason

fear no beer
Whenever I can find it on sale. Lately there have been trips to different Bass Pro shops, and other outdoor stores in the state.

hummingbird

I buy whatever I can when I find it cheap. I don't have a lot of money to spend on equipment anyway so I save when I can and buy either used or on deep discount in the winter. I bought a NICE sleeping bag for colder weather really cheap at a discount store during the winter.

Hilltopper

Outdoor equipment is one thing that my husband loves to shop for. So I can count on him to watch for things that we need on sale, or things we can get a great deal on that we'll need eventually. He can spend hours floating around Gander Mountain and Bass Pro.:tinysmile_hmm_t:

Flowerchild

I am the only guilty one I guess. I usually buy what we need the day before or even day of our camping trip. Geesh, I remember setting up the tent one year and we didn't have any mattresses so we had to run to the store (an hour away) to buy the air mattresses. lol