Camping Stoves vs Campfires

Mandy

Of course it's not camping without the campfire, my question is do you cook over the campfire or use a camp stove. We almost always cook over the open fire however we do pack a camp stove just in case the weather is not favorable for a campfire.

Newanderthal

in state parks when we do the vehicle camping, I'll use the open fire. When in the backcountry I don't make a fire. Last thing I want to see when I come to an area that's pristine and beautiful is a big black mark where some jerk burned up all the limbs. I use an alcohol stove so as not to damage the woods.

frank6160

I use a stove except for burgers, hot dogs,maybe a baked potatoe every now and then.
Keeping enough firewood to cook and just burn got to be too much work for me. I want to enjoy some of my time outdoors.

northernbushape

The Jeepist
We use both. For most meals and coffee we have a Coleman propane grill with a side burner. Very handy and easy to clean. I do like to cook over an open fire though, and if I have caught some trout or plinked a rabbit I will cook it old school over the open flame or roasted in the coals.

Nom Nom!