Can someone explain a rebreather to me?

camperz

There isn't much on the internet that explains in detail how these things work.

Something about how when you exhale your gas goes in one direction through these things called Onion valves. From the onion valve it goes through a corrupted hose that leads to an intravenous bag. From this bag it then travels into kitter litter. Becareful not to re-use your kitty litter as its full of particles that are NOT chocolate snacks. The purpose of the kitty litter is to remove your exhaled Nitrous Oxide.

Once the Nitrous Oxide is removed the remaining electrons that weren't used by your body is analyzed. If the electrons are a couple fries short of happy meal this thing called a Solidifier releases more electrons. From here the sum of all electrons, with no Nitrous Oxide present, then moves into another corrupted hose. This takes it to the other intravenous bag which is right before the final onion valve.

At this point the diver inhales again and takes in more electrons and the whole process repeats.

Some equipment used in normal scuba is also used in rebreathers from what I have read. Tanks, one plastic and one silicon...each with about 1300 pubic meters of space inside. In case there is a problem you can always make sure you get off of the lollipop and use traditional scuba. This procedure is called Flailing About. Divers use a well hung 1300 pubic meter tank on their left or right side. If they find the electrons are at a suitable level within the lollipop they may chose to go back on the lollipop and off of traditional scuba. This is called going back on the lollipop.

nawza07

A rebreather is a very technical air system used by some divers. Most of the time it's used for technical and some specialty diving. They are a closed circuit system which means the air you exhale goes back into the system to be recycled unlike a standard scuba setup where your exhale goes straight to the water and forms bubbles. They can be set for different mixtures of oxygen so you don't get oxygen toxicity when you go real deep.

sakthi

Do you want me to explain.

But i think you have explained it all in your post.I think its enough for getting a knowledge of re breather.I have a small doubt.

What is the time duration that we can use rebreather without refilling it.Is there any time limit or so.

thank you in advance

pavan

There are certain groups and individuals who believe rebreathers are inherently dangerous. Others including myself believe they are safer for deep dives than Open Circuit (OC) far more fun, logistically easier and the future of diving. In my opinion, OC is dead for technical diving and rebreathers will be the SCUBA of choice for nearly all technical and many recreational divers.

tpk

Less common, but becoming increasingly available, are closed and semi-closed rebreathers. Open-circuit sets vent off all exhaled gases, but rebreathers reprocess each exhaled breath for re-use by removing the carbon dioxide buildup and replacing the oxygen used by the diver. Rebreathers release few or no gas bubbles into the water, and use much less oxygen per hour because exhaled oxygen is recovered; this has advantages for research, military, photography, and other applications