Dutch Oven Spaghetti

southerngal

This recipe is very filling after a full day of hiking, biking, and other camping activities. I am not a huge fan of spaghetti, but this was pretty tasty!

Ingredients:
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
4 tablespoons shortening
1/2 lb ground beef
2 cups water
2 cans tomato soup
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 lb uncooked spaghetti
1 cup grated sharp cheese

Directions:
Cook onion and garlic in shortening in Dutch Oven. Add beef and cook. Stir occasionally. Drain excess grease. Mix in the soup, water and chili powder and cook a few minutes longer. Break spaghetti into inch pieces and stir into sauce until all covered. Bake for about 1 hour. Stir approximately every 15 minutes. Then add cheese to top. Bake another 15 minutes.

Gabbie

That does sound tasty and nice to make everything in one big pot. I'll have to print this recipe off and give it a try. We love spaghetti and this is a different way of fixing it for sure. :)

limaker

Quick recipes are sometimes the best out there, I hate taking more than I need so if I can find foods that we can take and share over a few meals its always better than extra stuff to tote around. Personally we love spaghetti so it works out for us too.

ppine

Forester
Gal,

I like your recipes. I like to add some ground game meat with some pork sausage (moose and elk are best). The other thing that ensures that there are no leftovers is ground chiles from New Mexico instead of regular chili powder. Thanks for the post. Keep it up.

Grandpa

Excellent recipe Gal, thanks, and Ppine, i've got some home grown Idaho chili's that will put some zipidy do da in there as well. Grandma did well with her garden.

uday

Wow, no need to cook spaghetti noodles in a separate container with boiling water and that is just good as it will absorb the sauce and cook itself. Thanks for sharing the recipe, I am a huge fan of spaghetti pasta!

monde

Great idea! I would substitute spaghetti noodles with elbow macaroni pasta instead. I bet that they're better baked than long noodles and easier to stir in the sauce.