First Aid Kit

Barney

How many of you carry such kit on camping trips? Is it a large full encompassing kit or just a small pile of painkillers, sting relievers and bandages?

GPER

When I head out to camp, fish, wheel I take a good sized kit. You never know when someone will break several bones again.

outdoorsy

We take a first aid kit with us when we camp, fish, hike, really anytime we do anything outdoors away from home. You just never know when you will need something. We take bandages, benadryl, cortisone cream, neosporin and many other items with us.

jason

fear no beer
I'm still working on my special kit. Trying to win some containers on ebay so that I can finish them. I have a small first aid kit just in a bag for right now on my bicycle and kayak. I have store bought ones for the vehicles.

LakeLady

We carry a moderately sized first aid kit. Any time a person is going to be outside for several hours or longer at a time, there is a good chance there will be any unexpected scraped knee, bee sting, or bug bite. I would much rather be prepared for what may happen than to not be prepared for what did happen.

frank6160

I revieved a first aid kit for fathers day a couple of years ago that I like. I have restocked it and taken away a few things and added a few. I found out the hard way when my daughter cut her foot one trip and all I had was band aids. Fortunetly a fellow camper had all we needed.

jason

fear no beer
Just an update, I finally won an auction on ebay for some Altoids tin cans. Just a few more "ingredients" and my little first aid / survivial kits will be ready.

coolbuddy

First aid kit is number one on my checklist. It's very important for me because I have kids. Aside from bandages and ointments, I also have antiseptic cream, eyewash, antibiotic tablets, alcohol and snake bite kit. On our last camping trip, my son was bitten by red ants. Luckily, I had ointment on my first aid kit.

northernbushape

The Jeepist
I carry a fairly robust first aid kit that can handle some trauma as well as the usual minor injuries. You never know when a person might spring a leak or rearrange their supports. It even has a suture kit and some crazy glue for the bigger leaks.

I still need anti venom for rattlers and black widows. We have both in BC. Pretty pricey though.

Luvoutdoors

We take a pretty extensive kit with us when we go well anywhere really. I have some previous medical background and know how qucikly something can happen and you just never know what you might need. I'd always rather have and not need than need and not have!