Homemade trap

Sierra

I have a wild tom cat on my property that needs to go and I don't have the money for a store bought trap. He is making life miserable for my sweet, domesticated outdoor female cat and, as much as I don't like him, I'm not too happy with the idea of shooting him. I'd like to build a homemade trap and then relocate him. Any suggestions about how to go about building the trap would be appreciated. Thanks.

calanta

Seems like a good idea to me, I had to use something similar for a raccoon that was harassing my female indoor/outdoor cat. The dog of course never caught it (which I am thankful for), and the humane society ended up finding it a nice home.

atula

I appreciate your concern for the cat even if it is kind of a nuisance in your property...hope you can trap it soon and leave it at a safe place....

Taggart

I also appreciate your attempt to not hurt the tom cat. Is there a Humane Society or something like that in the area that may be an option to help you with a trap?

I wonder if they'd lend you a trap for no charge, or set it for you?

Otherwise, I think a net may be an idea but if it caught the cat, I'm sure he'd be pretty upset when you tried to handle him.

Sierra

Thanks for all the suggestions :) I'm going to check out the Wiki and eHow sites to see about building something. I wish I could nab him with a net, but I'd never be able to get close enough to him. He really is an awful little terrorist.