Lamps

HikerChick

Does anyone know of any really high-powered, crazy-bright camping lanterns that are battery powered? We've been using Coleman gas lanterns which are great, but sometimes we forget to grab the gas. Everyone brings batteries, but it seems all the lanterns we have are too weak to give us the light we need at night.

javen

I use this one, Brunton Glorb LED Lantern equipped with four AA's. Good for camping, boating, backpacking and even for emergency purposes. It is also lightweight and small.

BigBackyard

I think any of the LED lights now are pretty much guaranteed to be super bright. They outstrip any of the older style lamps for sure, and are very easy on the batteries.

grand

I agree that the present day available LED lights on the market are the best buy for your money and are more reliable during emergencies and outdoors.

Outdooruser

I have a couple lanterns that I have had for about 3 years. You plug it in to charge it and when you are camping the sun charges it with it's solar panel. It's really bright as well. I think I bought them at Walmart.

paloma

Hey, that is great Outdooruser! No need for AA batteries. Does it also charge during cloudy days when there is only partial sun? What happens when it rains?