New colt in the family

Marshmallow

I'm the proud grandparent of a new baby, but this one is an equine. Dixie was born last week and already took off running with a grandchild hanging on behind. She's adorable. I'll have to show pictures.

RingTwist

Yes, please do post pictures as horses are generally beautiful creatures. What breed and color is she? How many horses do you have?

Congratulations on your new colt (not Colt, haha).

campclose

Sweet! I can't wait to see pictures too. I wasn't thinking Colt (revolver). I bet your grandkids just love the new little guy. How big is he?

Judy Ann

Foals are so precious. It is amazing how awkward they are when they are born and so graceful in a blink of an eye. What does his future look like?

carmen

I saw this and was hoping for pictures, how can you tease us all like that? You know women melt over cute pictures of babies, animals included. And hey they are a part of your family, with or without fur. :)

Scotty

I would love to see pictures. I used to have horses and every foal was different. I loved to watch them run and play in the pastures. The foals would kick up their heels and have a blast.

Marshmallow

I just got back to this thread. I do have horse pictures, but I've got to get them uploaded to photo hosting before I can add a link here. That's about as far as my skills go. I promise. I have cute ones.

Marshmallow

I don't know if this will work, but here's a link to some shots of the pony. She's a cutie and growing bigger by the minute. I haven't taken any more recent photos.

Cappy

If ya click the paperclip on top of the post screen it opens a window blow it up to full screen click browse by from pc and ya can load ya pictures straight from your computer that way.

_Jack

You could also get the image url, click the icon that looks like a little postcard with mountains and paste the url there and click ok. But if the image is too big, it will not fit well in the forum. The picture below was the only image that was small enough to fit here.

_Jack

Actually this one works too because it's not too wide. It's really if it's too wide when it plays havoc on the forum.

carmen

Such cute pictures. I love all baby animals and these are just precious. I doubt we can handle any more pets at our places but I love seeing the ones here on the boards.

JeepThrills

I remember when our horse was that size. It was amazing to see him stand up and then start walking just a few hours after he was born.

ppine

Forester
It is a big deal to have a new filly in the family. I used to help my neighbor breed his horses, and got a big lift out of being around the babies each spring.

Just for the record, a foal describes a baby horse of either sex, a colt is a male foal, and a filly is a female foal. They grow up to be mares and stallions and usually geldings.