Outdoor Base Campl Winter Sweepstakes 2011

Judy Ann

I'm heading to Torreya State Park to meet some Southern backpackers at one of their semiannual gatherings. Many have posted here either in the past or currently so I'm looking forward to making some new friends.

How's your son doing with his recovery? Keep him away from those monster snakes that I've been reading about that are eating up everything in their path. Gross!

jason

fear no beer
I'm heading to Torreya State Park to meet some Southern backpackers at one of their semiannual gatherings. Many have posted here either in the past or currently so I'm looking forward to making some new friends.

How's your son doing with his recovery? Keep him away from those monster snakes that I've been reading about that are eating up everything in their path. Gross!
Never been there to be honest. Let me know how it is. A bit further up the into the pan handle then I like to go, but it is off of 10 which would mean about 6 hour drive.

James is doing great, thank you for asking. Hard to keep that boy down, and I can learn a lot from him. The wife leaves in about 8 hours to bring him back to Texas, his checkup is Wednesday. Has me on nerves as it is not uncommon for them to need a second palate surgery. Really wish I could be there, but I have to stay here with our daughter. I really think the tubes in his ears have helped with his walking. He almost runs now instead of walks. But I should shush, with his zeal for life and his happiness I can go on and on about him. He makes me proud everyday.

The snakes are bad here. There was another python picture making the rounds on facebook. I think 10 feet or so. Thankfully they are once every two years or so here right now, but they are moving up this way. Not sure what their status is as far as hunting though. But if I do see one in my area, it will be dinner for something. They are going to be just as bad as the wild hog in the area.

oldsarge

James is doing great, thank you for asking. Hard to keep that boy down, and I can learn a lot from him. The wife leaves in about 8 hours to bring him back to Texas, his checkup is Wednesday. Has me on nerves as it is not uncommon for them to need a second palate surgery. Really wish I could be there, but I have to stay here with our daughter. I really think the tubes in his ears have helped with his walking. He almost runs now instead of walks. But I should shush, with his zeal for life and his happiness I can go on and on about him. He makes me proud everyday.
This is so good to hear!

Grandpa

QUOTE]

That is good news Jason, happy for y'all

Lorax

I have to add my thank you as well!

I enjoyed all of the submissions. Hopefully, I'll find something good to write about this year for next year's submission.

Judy Ann

James is doing great. Hard to keep that boy down, and I can learn a lot from him. The wife leaves in about 8 hours to bring him back to Texas, his checkup is Wednesday. Has me on nerves as it is not uncommon for them to need a second palate surgery. Really wish I could be there, but I have to stay here with our daughter. I really think the tubes in his ears have helped with his walking. He almost runs now instead of walks. But I should shush, with his zeal for life and his happiness I can go on and on about him. He makes me proud everyday.

It is great following James progress Jason and a delight to read how well he is doing. Before long we will be reading how both of your children will be paddling around with you in their own yaks and sooner or later they will be out fishing you too! Every daughter enjoys time alone with their daddy, and while you are unable to be in Texas with your wife and young son, this will be a time where you and your young daughter will build memories and ties that will last a lifetime. Your family is in my prayers. Please start a new thread with updates if you get a moment after tucking your young lady in bed one night. We are a virtual family, but we care.

Judy Ann

I enjoyed all of the submissions. Hopefully, I'll find something good to write about this year for next year's submission.
Lorax, you have lots of great stuff to submit, but perhaps you'll be able to find some free time in the not too distant future to post some tales.

I'm going to need some advice for a cooking contest this October in the NC mountains and some of your friends will be participating. I'll be practicing that 7.5 mile hike and might need a good recipe on a wood burning stove to beat out the competition if you won't be there yourself. Chili and sunni's daughter Brittany watched out for me not too long ago and I'm hoping to repay their kindness with some friendly competition. Please help! :D

jason

fear no beer

Might have to see if we can work something out for some more articles. Everyone seems to love them.

jason

fear no beer
Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers.

Please start a new thread with updates if you get a moment after tucking your young lady in bed one night. We are a virtual family, but we care.
It has been a crazy weekend with her. First time really getting on the computer in the past three days and it is almost time to get her from school. If the rain holds off I may take her for a hike on the way back at a small park. This weather has me itching to be outside. I spent saturday morning outside, but I was re-working the fire pit/cooking area.