What's Your EDC (Every Day Carry)?

Barney

I'm very much interested what items do you carry everyday on you. But don't list here stuff for the wilderness, I just want to hear your everyday stuff + where do you keep it. Who knows, maybe this topics eventually becomes a sticky? :)

1. (Keychain) Keys
  2. (Keychain) USB Flash Stick
  3. (Keychain) Small Flashlight
  4. (Keychain) Small Whistle
  5. (Keychain) Short Pen
  6. (Keychain) Small Lighter
  7. (Keychain) Small Knife Multi-Tool
  8. (Pocket-Thin Wallet) IDs & Cards
  9. (Pocket-Thin Wallet) Money
  10. (Pocket) Mobile Phone
  11. Glasses
  12. Hand Watch

Gondor

Nice collection! I may want to add some more comprehensive multi-tool if you're often dealing with mechanical stuff. Also, add a paracord bracelet or braided paracord lanyard to your keychain because you'll never know when you will need it.

northernbushape

The Jeepist
I carry a Kona MB pack with me daily and it contains the following emergency items ...

Fire Steel & tinder kit
My bush knife
First aid kit & small antibacterial spritzer
Folding Buck
Compass & Whistle
Emergency foil blanket
60' small paracord
GPSr - Magellan Triton 400 / & spare batteries
Camera - not really an emergency item, but I'm a photo hound
Foldable saw
Water purification tablets
A few protein bars & some gum
Snare wire & Small emergency fishing kit
20' Duct tape wrapped around an old debit card
Small flashlight
Rain cover for the pack
Rolled up wind breaker jacket
Signal mirror & Magnifying glass
Spare socks, gonch, and t-shirt
Cell phone
Money
Condoms - for water carrying :tinysmile_fatgrin_t
Slingshot and 25 or so marbles
1 liter of water.
Paper and pencil
Small roll of TP

This sounds like a lot, but most of this stuff is very small and lightweight and fits in the small pockets leaving the large inner compartments for some of the larger items and still with lots of room. This pack is my regular carry bag and it is with me most of the time. When I don't have it with me, I at least have a folding knife and flint striker in my pocket.

I Geocache often after work and find myself in heavily wooded areas, ravines, nature reserves etc, so it makes sense to prepare for a possible night in the woods should I injure myself and be unable to hike out. In the very least I can easily get a fire going and at least be warm while I wait for someone to come and get my broken butt. Not likely I will set up any snares either, but I feel better having the wire & fishing kit with me just in case.