Camping Traditions

campingfool

Camping is my thing. I love to go and I will go every weekend that the weather permits. For as long as I can remember, my family has be into camping, so I grew up that way. Now that I have my own family, I want them to experience the closeness I experienced with my family. The one thing I’d like to do is start some new traditions for my kids. I was wondering what traditions some of you may practice when you go camping?

Tomboy

Well, pre-trip, the kids decide what snacks they want to bring. Shopping for the snacks is a big deal. We also make our own trail mix, so you might find the kids staring at the bulk wall deciding what to put in(M&M's used to be the big thing, now they still take those but they like the dehydrated fruit in there too):tinysmile_hmm_t:.

The other tradition that we have while camping is at least one poker night. We play card games like uno throughout our trip, but on one night we play poker. We play with the kids every once in a while at home and they are getting pretty good. This is one of the things they really look forward to on the trip.

Then there is the thing that we don't do at home and is strictly reserved for our camp-outs, smores. I know it's not original, but there's just something about all that gooiness and chocolate that has to be a part of the trip.

southerngal

Smores and fishing is ours. Unfortunately there is not much time to go fishing on weekends at home so we can go camping we fish a lot and it's just not camping without smores!

atula

We have this song singing thing that keeps us awake all night while camping and then there are the stories of childhood, often repteated but never boring....;)