Chicken Oyster Gumbo With Home Made Andouille

Cappy

You are so right dude it's Cajun comfort food at its best. Winter in these parts are referred to as Gumbo season.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I like a little chicken breast and some crayfish tails in my gumbo. Perhaps a little more tomato sauce ( but that could be because of my Italian heritage). That don't mean I wouldn't eat that stuff because it does look mighty good.
I love clam sauce even though we don't get clams up here. We used to be able to go dig Muscles which were wonderful and pretty close to clams but freshwater and almost the same taste. The government doesn't let us dig them anymore. They're protected. The place I used to dig them is overrun with them and I figure pretty soon they'll start dying off due to overpopulation but we still can't take them because my hunger isn't as important as a dumb animal. But I digress. Politics shouldn't enter into menu.

Cappy

Know how ya feel ole buddy they gettin like that about oysters. It usta be legal to just stop da car and shag a bucket full of oysters and bring them home. But not no more ya gotta pony up for a rec licence. Not to say that it aint still being done. When fishing and you pass a wild bed at low tide and the spit lil squirts at ya when they slam closed it has been to happen that they suddenly become....lunch.

For the record this is peak season so ya may see them again.:beer3:

dinosaur

troublemaker
God bless ya, son! I'm gonna try to grow some muscles right here in my ponds. They can't say anything about that.

Cappy

Some one on another forum said that the top left oyster looked down right subliminally sexy. I told him his wife had been gone too long;)