Favorite Summer river

dtinnan

the Etowah is near our home and we have two wonderful boat ramps to put-in and get out. its about a 2 hour ride from one to the other, lots of fun. the oostanaula is a great six hour trip, but requires more paddling, cause it's slower moving.

dtinnan

the talapoosa is fun too, we don't do the whitewater rivers, just the lazy rivers. we did go down the nantahala a coupla years back, that was a blast! when my son was about 6 i used to tie a rope to the front of the kayak and let him shoot the fast stretch in euharlee creek, then pull him back upstream with the rope.

basecamp

hey dtinnan,
i too love being their at talapoosa.
Its really a great fun out there.
I have been their with my friends and family. Loved paddling and relaxing.

dtinnan

we get in the talapoosa just outside of cedartown on highway 27, turn to the left on a gravel road, (don't know the name) go about 5 miles, put in and get out just before the bridge back at the highway, bout a 2 hour ride, lots of fun!

shaan

The White Salmon - The White Salmon originates deep under Mount Adams in Washington state, however most people associate it with the paddling scene in Hood River, Oregon. Meltwater percolating through the volcano's basalt base feeds springs that supply the White Salmon with adequate flows year-round. This is one of my favorite rivers in the state. Along a single stretch you find a total of four quality runs.

steven

Summer months offer warmer weather and water temperatures as the New and Gauley Rivers become a virtual playground for rafting enthusiasts.

June, July and August allow the opportunity to swim, ‘surf’, and soak up the sun while paddling. School's out and there is no better way to enjoy time off with family and friends. Plan your summer fun getaway to West Virginia for rafting with River Expeditions.