Never fits in!

campclose

Call me crazy but I can’t figure out why you can never get the tent back into the bag the way it was when you bought it? Our tent is in a Big plastic tote because we could not fold it back right into the bag! I’m telling you we struggled with it and then figured forget it! Where is your tent? A tote works wonderful!

wvbreamfisherman

Well, mine's in the bag. I figured out exactly how to fold it back up so it fits. I never put it back in the bag when it's wet though- that's a recipe for mildew!

rockytibby

My tent is in its bag also. You may try writing down the direction of folds as you unfold it so you have a reference to look back on when repacking the tent. This method has worked for a friend.

ChadTower

I've had issues doing this too. Some manufacturers do it in a way that only a machine could refold it back into the bag and zipper it. When that happens I buy a larger duffel bag and use that instead.

Grandpa

My backpacking tents have always had enough room to not only put the tent in but also room enough for a footprint or tarp.
The bigger tents aren't as easy but with proper folding the issue sack will work. However, like Chad, I use a duffle bag so I have room enough to put a tarp, some extra paracord and stakes, and a cheap mallet.

ryoga-kun

Yeah some manufactured bags are just not well thought out in terms of people packing it back in. Just invest in a better bag. You probably don't even have to get something too complicated.

freedommachine

Any time I buy a new tent, blow up matteress or whatever I always have a pen and paper on hand and draw out how I un folded it. That way when it is time to go back in I refold it the same way it came out. Perfect fit every time! Rockytibby had the idea right on the money.

Refrigerator

I think the reason why I have never had this problem is while in the Army you learn how to pack your gear in a Duffel. Every item was carefully placed in and folded in a special way. My gear room to date is set up like I received it first day, all rolled up in the original sleeves.

hippieP

I have issues with all tents and go the bag route too. Even with my nieces little toddler tent that she keeps to camp out on her back deck, I had issues putting that down. Still can not believe I was stumped by a toddler tent, oh the shame! :)

bachse

My rooftop

I got that problem solved by having a rooftop tent. It just folds up and fits on the roof of my car. Its a really hassle free little set up; I love it.

oldsarge

I think the reason why I have never had this problem is while in the Army you learn how to pack your gear in a Duffel. Every item was carefully placed in and folded in a special way. My gear room to date is set up like I received it first day, all rolled up in the original sleeves.
Still roll your undies in little 6" rolls like we did in the foot lockers?