Oh no! Rain

campclose

We are supposed to camp this Thursday, July 2nd. Guess what? The weather forecast shows Rain, Rain and more Rain right through the weekend starting later tonight. :tinysmile_cry_t4:

I don't want to cancel, but we are tenting it because it's only 1 night.

So what would you do? Do you mind camping in the rain? What do you do when it's rainy and you are out camping? I hate the idea of getting soaked at night.

Taggart

I think I'd stick it out for just one night. If you can manage to stay dry, the sound of the rain on the tent is kind of cool.

I guess it would be bad if you had to pitch a tent while it was raining though.

failghe

If camping for just the night sometimes we play cards or read a book. Most campgrounds have a community room to go to when it is raining.
Just remember to setup the tent at home to let it dry and air out.

Woodzie

I would still go camping. My family camps in the rain. We either wait it out in the tent and play games or take a nap, or we sit out in the rain and try to keep the fire going. It all depends on how hard it is raining. We have camped in the rain many times.

campclose

I'm sure we will still camp. Are you kidding me, my daughter would freak if we didn't. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

This camping trip is at my family members house. It's a pool party/cookout camping trip. She has a pool and a hot tub and all kinds of fun activities for the kids to do. We can always go inside if we get too wet.

I love sleeping in the tent and hear it rain, I just don't want to get wet. We use a camper most of the time. I don't think the tent is rain-proof.

jeffsays

hi there....

i guess camping in rain is the worst experience anyone would ever face in life.. i hate it as i don't like getting wet while i crave for rest and sleep...i am a great camping lover but can't camp out in rain..