Popup vs a tent

outdoorgirl

I know that sleeping in a pop up can be better than a tent, but I am curious about if the expense is worth it? Is it true that the sides of the pop ups can leak like tents?

Also, there are places you can't go camping because you can't fit the pop up in.

I have a tent and lots of camping supplies. I feel very comfortable in my tent, but have thought about getting a pop-up. Then I look at the expense and truly wonder if it is really something I need.

failghe

It's funny what you say. I have looked into pop ups and thought the same questions you have mentioned. I decieded against it because of taking up more space in the garage, up keep on it (tires, regestration, cleaning). I would not be able to also take my boat while camping. I have heard of the canvas leaking but can be treated to water proof/resistant.
I am happy with my tent. Afraid if I get a pop up what next? Small travel trailer, then bigger pull behind, then? TV, Air conditioning, Internet, the list goes on. Then I will never get the kids outside. OK maybe exagerating a little but it could happen you know:lol:

outdoorgirl

It's true though. I think the same thing. Once we get the pop up--is that going to be enough? Then we are going to want bigger!

Like I said before--I love my tent, just as long as I have all the extras to go with it--I'm just fine in my tent.