22 ammo

jason

fear no beer
Anyone having any problems getting any? Seems like all the local stores are selling out of 22LR as soon as it hits the shelf.

jason

fear no beer
I can't believe how expensive they've gotten. Look here
I just searched there. I keep seeing the brand Aguila but not sure how good it is. I was using the CCI 22LR mini-mags. Had no problems with the 100+ rounds. Was hoping to pick up more but nothing. The winchester I was using I got a failure to eject / jam after less then 12 rounds. :(

I think there are a few other sites like gunbot but I cannot remember them.

Grandpa

Friend just picked up a 500 rd brick of .22's for $40.

Idaho has now gone to a 2 stage concealed carry permit. The basic is good in some states but the enhanced version in most of the others. Trouble is, no one wants to shoot up a 100 rounds in the qualification process.

The trick is knowing when a store gets a shipment in. Even Walmart is still selling a lot but a handful of people are standing in line when the pallet comes into the sporting goods area and they buy every bit of it.

Lorax

I have a friend big on the political scene down by Chicago. In early 2008 he told me to start buying hard because a certain someone was gaining a lot of attention. I know this guy well and took his advice. I'm glad I did.

The ammo crisis here where I live in the upper midwest didn't seem like much of an event but in actuality, was really only 4-5 months behind everyone else. I could buy what I wanted, when I wanted until it caught up here. It's been dry ever since.

But....in taking that advice from my friend, I had amassed 35k of .22 alone with price tags well under $9 for the 550 value packs. I shoot a lot of .22 and enjoy my target shooting. I'm glad i can keep doing so.

jason

fear no beer
I have a friend big on the political scene down by Chicago. In early 2008 he told me to start buying hard because a certain someone was gaining a lot of attention. I know this guy well and took his advice. I'm glad I did.

The ammo crisis here where I live in the upper midwest didn't seem like much of an event but in actuality, was really only 4-5 months behind everyone else. I could buy what I wanted, when I wanted until it caught up here. It's been dry ever since.

But....in taking that advice from my friend, I had amassed 35k of .22 alone with price tags well under $9 for the 550 value packs. I shoot a lot of .22 and enjoy my target shooting. I'm glad i can keep doing so.

I wish I would have known. Been enjoying my .22's lately and wish I would have bought at that price.

Ammo in general here is coming back, but the price has gone up. And for some reason like I mentioned .22 is hard to find and you have those who will buy it and try and resell for a big mark up. I've heard some pawn shops and other places trying to get over $100 for 500 rounds of .22.

Lorax

I would never price gouge and intend on using it for my own purposes. I'm just glad at that time, it was cheap enough to say..."Ok, every time I go to the store, I'll pick up a brick." I did the same with 9mm value packs and .223/5.56.

It didn't hurt the wallet so much then and I figured it couldn't hurt.

One of the best moves I ever made. I don't know what the price will be when it eventually filters back, but I know it will be about $24 a brick for .22 when it does.

Grandpa

Just came from the feed store picking up chicken feed and dog food. Noticed a dusty old bottle of IMR 4350 down in his cabinet. Wooohooo good for another 100 or so loads for the old rifle. Let's see, one shot for the scope check, one for the deer, one for the elk and one for just in case. Wow, enough ammo for another 25 years. I'm good past the century mark.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Greatoutdoors

There haven't been any .22's here in nearly a year. Walmart had started doing a little better about having some other ammo, but no .22's at all. Last trip to Walmart though all of the ammunition was gone...I mean completely empty shelves! They had some shot gun shells but that was it.

jason

fear no beer
There haven't been any .22's here in nearly a year. Walmart had started doing a little better about having some other ammo, but no .22's at all. Last trip to Walmart though all of the ammunition was gone...I mean completely empty shelves! They had some shot gun shells but that was it.
I think our local wal-mart gets raided by the local pawn shops. Some of them have ammo shortly after wal-mart stocks theirs. And they of course have an up charge to them. Been getting better at finding some online. CCI is still harder but getting better.

charley

I was always gonna stock up. Like for 15-20 years. I have some but not like I would like. I think as a kid a box of 50 22's were about $.50, then $.75, and then good golly a buck. some of my stock was $10-$12 per thousand and some same price for 500. Todays prices are hard to swallow.

CaverGroupie

My son works in the sporting goods section of a Walmart and he says that .22s never last more than a couple of hours. Apparently there's a Walmart "app" that will tell you when shipments of ammo (or other things, I presume) are going to arrive. He says there are regulars that come every time and buy the maximum they're allowed.

Stargazer

Anyone having any problems getting any? Seems like all the local stores are selling out of 22LR as soon as it hits the shelf.
I have had the same problem all season. I was just getting ready to make a post about how hard it has been for me to find ammo when I saw your thread.

OutdoorMomma

We had a hard time finding any kind of ammo for the longest time. It seems to be cooling off a bit now. One of our local gun shops got in a million rounds just for Black Friday and sold out in a few hours.