3 vehicles in one night !

steves

I had enough, Sunday morning i decide to take my "spare" car out for a drive as it hasn't been run that much lately.Blew a brake line about a mile from home,got it home with no issues will fix next weekend. Later on I start my truck to go out and blow the timing chains. Ok not to totally ruin the night just decide to take the wife's car out, 4 miles out and it dies! at least her car only need a fuel filter, my truck on the other hand is currently all apart in the drive way.
BEER PLEASE !!!

stealth

Maybe you just weren't meant to go where you were going. I'm one of those that thinks everything happens for a reason. Check the local news to see if something happened that you avoided by not being able to go, just for the curiosity of it.

At least you know how to work on cars from the sound of it, otherwise you would be out a lot more money from getting them fixed.

ppine

Forester
Steve,
Sorry about your string of bad luck. I would rather have one dependable vehicle than 3 that aren't. I bought a 2002 Ford 350 with a diesel new. It has never failed me, pulls anything and gets 23 mpg unloaded. At 132k miles it is just getting broken in.

steves

Steve,
Sorry about your string of bad luck. I would rather have one dependable vehicle than 3 that aren't. I bought a 2002 Ford 350 with a diesel new. It has never failed me, pulls anything and gets 23 mpg unloaded. At 132k miles it is just getting broken in.
that's the kicker, none of them have ever failed me before. spare blazer 2000 with 75K miles,wife's car 2003 blazer with less than 50K (that one is all my fault, fuel filter sucks to change so I ignored it Ha Ha) My truck 2010 F-150 with 127K, just time I guess !!

TakeAHike

I am with Stealth on this one. Obviously, someone was trying to tell you to stay home. I had something similar happen with my truck a few years back and it turns out that had I left when I was supposed to, I would have been involved in a 10 car pile up on the expressway. I gave serious thanks for car trouble that day.

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
Odin might have saved your bacon that night. Or it might mean you need to maintain your cars a little better... Either way, that sucks!

mccallum

Well they say bad things come in threes; so you should be done --- unless they come in threes back to back to back . . . Which I hope not! Be happy you can do it yourself I just spent $1000.00, $200.00 of which was 2 hours added labor for draining/flushing the radiator on my wife's van. Again my fault, I had not done it ever!