A Fritata

hummingbird

Last time we went camping, we made our favorite frittata with boiled potatoes (brought from home from dinner the night before), bacon, eggs, green peppers, onions and cheese.

You take the boiled potatoes and coarsely chop them up, set them aside. Take a nice sized cast iron skillet and fry the bacon, take it out when crisp and let cool, crumble. Leaving the bacon grease in the pan, fry the chopped onions and green peppers. When they are soft, add the chopped potatoes and fry until lightly brown. Beat up eggs, enough to fill the skillet and cover the other ingredients. Stir just a bit until combined and let cook slowly while the biscuits are baking. Just before serving, sprinkle with as much cheese as you wish. Yum!

I have never tried a fritata with potatoes before, sounds delicious. Too bad I did not see this thread earlier, I could have tried it out for breakfast this morning. I will definitely try it out next weekend, then if my family likes it, the fritata recipe can go into my camp recipe file. Thank you!