AC & generator

Grandpa

Wouldn't a plane ticket to Idaho be cheaper.....and cooler?:tinysmile_twink_t2::tinysmile_fatgrin_t

We had a snowball fight this weekend.

Birddog

Very nice setup Jackquontee,I'm happy you got out,I had reservations for Sunday night,was going to camp till Tuesday morning,the belt in the wife's caravan was chirping,I sprayed belt spray on it and it jumped off.i drove it across the street to a jiffy lube and got it put back on for 40 bucks on a Saturday afternoon,the belt tensioner was bad ,so I had to cancel my trip,got the car fixed Monday,but now wife has to go back to work.hard to get time off together.Might plan a trip with just my son and I next week for a night or two.we enjoy your pictures of your trip.i will take some if I ever get out to go !

jackquontee

Wouldn't a plane ticket to Idaho be cheaper.....and cooler?:tinysmile_twink_t2::tinysmile_fatgrin_t

We had a snowball fight this weekend.
Sure, but after about 6 or 7 trips I will have spent as much on Idaho visits as I have spent on items that will last several years.

Even so, I went to Idaho thirty years ago.......Marsing, to be exact. No thanks.

jackquontee

Birddog, you have to do it however you can do it. I would like to get out more often and for longer periods of time, but life just doesn't allow it. So, I'll take it as it comes.

ChadTower

Yes.

I returned just yesterday from East Falmouth, MA, from an event I intend to make an annual trip. Had I not had my AC I would not have attended this year as I remember how brutal the humidity was last year. Sweating buckets (and I mean that almost literally) while sitting in the shade isn't my idea of camping any more than using AC while camping is acceptable to others.

Erm... I live in this area... and it gets like that for about 5 nights total all summer. It probably won't happen again until next year. You just happen to have picked the hottest week of the year (not to mention by far the most crowded) to camp here.

jackquontee

Erm... I live in this area... and it gets like that for about 5 nights total all summer. It probably won't happen again until next year. You just happen to have picked the hottest week of the year (not to mention by far the most crowded) to camp here.
I returned just yesterday from East Falmouth, MA, from an event

No, I didn't pick the day. Event organizers did. I don't recall the exact date I attended last year but I believe it was in the middle of the month, and it was just as bad. In fact, that experience last year is exactly what made me adamant about finding a way to supply myself with AC this year.

Cappy

When folks start talking about generators and AC, humidity and heat, rain and stuff I usually don't comment. On acounta my perspective is very different. If ya love camping ya gotta either go to a camp ground or have a generator. Either that or only camp 4 months a year. Down here every one has a generator. They use them when a storm knocks us off the grid, or when going to their fish/hunt camps( cottages) or when primitive camping. Yea I know ac aint primitive but ya know what I ment off da grid camping. If ya gonna load the boat or 4wd and head off the path in the summer ya gotta bring a generator. Now don't misunderstand I don't need it and have lived in the steam bath all my life. The problem is getting any body else to come with me. Years ago I got a pop up and when getting off the patch I brought a generator. I only ever used it at night for the first few hours to cool the camp off to sleep but I used it lots. This was my loaded rig for many years.

Now a days its an 18 ft camper, onacounta Peg cant pop up a pop up by her self and we use the camper as a hurricane escape vehicle. She bugs out alone sometimes while I am on the boat. It's very simple if ya can find a receptacle use it if not ya gotta fire up a generator. If not our heat humidity is deadly!

Last edited:

ChadTower

See, now that I really don't mind, because that's Louisiana. Louisiana night heat is serious and can kill in the wrong circumstances. Here in MA... no. Just no. Especially near the coast it is never that sort of condition for more than 48 hours. And even then it happens 2-3 times a year. Hell I only have one window AC in my house for four people. We use it for those rare really hot nights and we all sleep in the one room. Outside of those individual nights the attic vent fan and some window fans do the job very well as the temp drops 10-15 degrees at night.