Any dangerous place you hiked?

sunny

Is there any dangerous place where you hiked or trekked?
Any thing just share here.
Thanks

henry

If you are scared to trek, then all places are very dangerous. I take it as a sportive adventure and so i have never felt any place as a dangerous one.

SQuirrel

There are some risky sections of trail, but I look at them as calculated risks. One of my favorites spots above pasadena I will only travel one way. It is a scramble. maybee a 5.5 on the old school sierra club influenced scale. Meaning you should probably use a rope to go up. I have been down it, and people do all the time, but for my safety I toss a rope down a waterfall, and rappel back down into the canyon bellow where I simply walk out. Why do I take this risk? Well If you ever get into the upper reaches of Eaton Canyon, then you'll know.

slide

No. The truth is i dont want to take risk. I do trekking occasionally and so i just want some adventure and so i dont want to risk my life trekking dangerous places.

atula

I have found that many unknown places not in th e usual trekking circuit are quite dangerous and quite beautiful at the same time...if you go the path less travelled you will find danger as well as a charismatic view never seen before....

tater03

I don't trek and real dangerous places. I tend to stay away from places that are right on ledges with steep drop offs. Just not comfortable trekking them.

OPIE

Most dangerous place I ever hiked...Hands down, downtown Atlanta.

Start at Peachtree and Pine, site of 300 bed men only homeless shelter and the most crack dealers you'll ever see. Cross over Peachtree street, under the interstate and the sleeping bums, to the Georgia dome. You are now in gang territory. Stop at one of the many liquor stores to resupply, and head back home if your still alive.

If you get in trouble detour to the GA tech campus and use one of the blue police phones.

jason

fear no beer
Never any place physically that I can think of. However I still remember as a kid playing in the woods with friends. We came upon a farm with a big shack in the middle and a white limo and a black limo parked in front. Still not sure what to they were doing there, but we didn't stay long enough to find out.

kernow

I like to walk the Cornwall Coast Path, it is beautiful, but in places it is scary because the path is just a narrow track right at the edge of high cliffs with the sea or rocks a long way below.

deltic

I like to walk the Cornwall Coast Path, it is beautiful, but in places it is scary because the path is just a narrow track right at the edge of high cliffs with the sea or rocks a long way below.
I think that would scare me, it would make me feel dizzy if I looked down and I would be afraid of the rock giving way because of coastal erosion

Twiceshy

We don't go to dangerous places on purpose, but when you are hiking around the Colorado Rockies, any place can become dangerous, especially if animals have been starving.

A few years back we hiked along a trail usually frequented by families with no problems. Two days later , a family was hiking the same trail and their three year old disappeared after rounding a bend, ahead of the adults.

The child was never found and the hubby and I thought a mountain lion must have grabbed the child.

While it's fun to let children run ahead of the group, it isn't wise.

deltic

We don't go to dangerous places on purpose, but when you are hiking around the Colorado Rockies, any place can become dangerous, especially if animals have been starving.

A few years back we hiked along a trail usually frequented by families with no problems. Two days later , a family was hiking the same trail and their three year old disappeared after rounding a bend, ahead of the adults.

The child was never found and the hubby and I thought a mountain lion must have grabbed the child.

While it's fun to let children run ahead of the group, it isn't wise.
Thank you for that warning, what a terrible thing to happen. I expect the family assumed that it was safe.

poster25

I am a scaredy cat by nature, so I do not take the risks. But, I am jealous that many of you are able to see such wonderful views. I would kill to be on top of a waterfall. Also, I would love to walk along a path in a coastal area. I just do not have the guts to do so.

Whenever I am out in nature, I tend to be in larger groups. Thus, this goes along with always being in the paranoid, watch your back mode. However, the trade off is not being able to partake in the beautiful moments that many of you have experienced.

deltic

I am a scaredy cat by nature, so I do not take the risks. But, I am jealous that many of you are able to see such wonderful views. I would kill to be on top of a waterfall. Also, I would love to walk along a path in a coastal area. I just do not have the guts to do so.
I didn't take the children along the more exposed parts of the coast paths when they were younger, I could see too much danger. I still couldn't go past some of the very narrow sections, but there are some amazing views, I love walking by the coast.

kernow

If it is something that bothers you, don't do it. Trust your own judgement and know your own limits.

SageMother

Whenever I am out in nature, I tend to be in larger groups. Thus, this goes along with always being in the paranoid, watch your back mode. However, the trade off is not being able to partake in the beautiful moments that many of you have experienced.
There's really no reason to take the risks that others do.

When I start chiding myself for not being more daring, I remind myself that all of the people who have died during risky outdoor adventures have taught me lessons.

I try respect my own limits.

kernow

There's really no reason to take the risks that others do.

When I start chiding myself for not being more daring, I remind myself that all of the people who have died during risky outdoor adventures have taught me lessons.

I try respect my own limits.
That was very wise advice Sage Mother, I think it is important for all of us to know and accept our limits, we should remember that we do this for enjoyment, not punishment.

poster25

Yes, this is very good advice. It just seems that the most beautiful parts of the world are only available to the ones who take the most risks.

deltic

Yes, this is very good advice. It just seems that the most beautiful parts of the world are only available to the ones who take the most risks.
I think there is plenty of world to go around, I am not especially brave but I still find loads to enjoy.