Anyone in Karen's path?

Greatoutdoors

Is anyone here going to find themselves in tropical storm Karen's path? It is looking like we might have a very wet weekend, but we aren't anywhere near the coast or anything. I saw where FEMA employees got "un-furloughed" today to make preparations.

jason

fear no beer
Honestly been working so much I haven't seen anything on Karen. It has already been a top 10 wet year here. Really wanted more work in the garden so I hope it does not hit here.

Blueskyy

We are pretty far inland but we are supposed to get a pretty large amount of rain. I am heading out in a bit to go cut the grass before it gets rained on again.

SusieQ

Not here but I know we are supposed to get a lot of rain this weekend. I bet it is from Karen. I'm glad that the Government is letting people work in case this turns into something horrible.

Cappy

We live in the swamp due west of New Orleans and are no strangers to storms. This one looks to be pretty wimpy and will mostly be a rain maker. We are hoping the wind don't b low much over 40 mph cause das when we start loosing pecans and citrus fruit off'n our trees. They are heavy now and ripening slowly for Thanks giving harvest. The company I work far has, is moving all boats to safe harbor in or hurricane safety program. I hope it's just a drill as it seems it will be. I am home now and Peg and I are not really preparing cuase we pretty much stay that way. We are more planning a romantic stormy cuddle fest. I'll keep yall posted:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
I wish! My dad lives in Pensacola Beach, right on the beach. If I had time I would go down there and experience it first hand (he's on the third floor of a modern condo built to 140mph wind standards - it survived more-than-superstorm Ivan).
But, as an SC resident we'll probably get a lot of rain on Monday and that was it.

I still remember going through Hugo in the 80s. Now that was some scary stuff...

Cappy

Well, already this morning we are getting bands of rain and a breeze, its currently coming down in buckets. Guess that means I'm gonna hafta light my charcoal under the patio. Not too worried about the storm and the breeze feels cool and nice, so I am planning to park a brisket tail on the pit. It's been soaking in Cajun spice woo sauce and beer all night. Nothing like rainy day BBQ:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Cappy

I had a lil trouble getting the coal lit cause of the humidity but the brisket is been on for an hour and a half and we prowlin around lookin for something else needs Q'in. An empty grill is a terrible thing to waste:tinysmile_tongue_t:

Cappy

Picked an egg plant outa da garden cut it in half Cajun seasoning and butter parked it out on the grill while doing that PEG MADE US A COUPLE BURGERS outa some ground meat she had thawed. The brisket gonna take a while:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Cappy

Da bad news :tinysmile_hmm_t2: Just got an email alert that the storm took a turn and is now heading straight for us. Da good news:tinysmile_fatgrin_t it has totally wimped out and aint gonna be much worse than a regular rain storm. On a tastier note the burgers were amazin, What else ya expect a chubby Cajun to do in a storm:tinysmile_tongue_t:

basejump

I'm getting tired of Karen. It seems like it's been sitting over us for the past 3 days. Worse yet, we are visiting family in VA this weekend, so we'll be following the storm. We'll be inside all weekend because of the rain.

Cappy

We played out side all weekend. BBQéd picked pecans the wind had blown down, and had a great weekend.........because of the rain.:tinysmile_tongue_t: Life is what ya make it and if ya ask a Cajun what does he do in the rain he will likely tell ya nuttin different.