Bigfoot caliber?

Gonna' hunt bigfoot???

• I believe in Bigfoot.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Naw, it just another conspiracy theory.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Show me a real one and I will believe.

Votes: 21 67.7%

• Total voters

ppine

Forester
Part of my family moved to Kalama, WA in 1889 very near Mt. St. Helen's. My grandfather used to talk about the whole family going "to the mountain" each summer in wagons for 2 weeks. He also told Sasquatch stories relayed to him when he was young. The most impressive story was told by some Swedish miners that had a cabin they worked out of near Spririt Lake. They claimed they were kept awake all night by a family of Sasquatch trying to break into their cabin and throwing rocks on the metal roof all night.

CozInCowtown

Part of my family moved to Kalama, WA in 1889 very near Mt. St. Helen's. My grandfather used to talk about the whole family going "to the mountain" each summer in wagons for 2 weeks. He also told Sasquatch stories relayed to him when he was young. The most impressive story was told by some Swedish miners that had a cabin they worked out of near Spririt Lake. They claimed they were kept awake all night by a family of Sasquatch trying to break into their cabin and throwing rocks on the metal roof all night.
Kewl story.
I wonder if it is true?

Newanderthal

Smaller caliber is more of a challenge.

Actually, I'd use a Nikon with a major telephoto lens. After shooting a few photos, I'd leave the beast alone and never tell anyone where I was.

Cappy

ANY of yall see the cable show about hunting for big foot??? its some real goofy shhhstuff:tinysmile_fatgrin_t I start thinkin how lame these bozos are camped out somewhere whooooooping in the air or knocking sticks together loudly then going shhhhhh ya hear anything??:tinysmile_tongue_t: I think to my self what a bunch of maroons but then it dawns on me someone is payin them to do it. Just our luck its a goverment grant

MissyKitty

Hehe nice story indeed. Personally would love if it was true, this world needs more mysterious creatures and events if you ask me :)

Grandpa

Back to the original question, theoretically of course. Of the thousands of reported sightings, big foot is large, well muscled and fast. Track depth to size indicates some of the bigger ones are in the 800 lb range. However, well placed shots with even smaller rifles will kill a large bear so I would assume would also kill a squatch. Old Ephraim, a legendary great grizzley who roamed near here was eventually downed with six bullets from a winchester 25-35. This caliber was based on the old winchester method where the first number was the bullet caliber, .25 and the second number the grains of black powder in the cartridge, 35.

Old Ephraim is a great story and I heard it directly from Frank Clark myself when I was just a lad. He came to one of our scout camps and told the story around the fireside that night. Needles to say, sleep was very scarce for us for a night or two.

http://ewb.usu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/INFO-Old-Ephraim.pdf

Newanderthal

OldSarge posted video evidence of bigfoot and still people debate his existence. What more do you want?

Last edited:

ppine

Forester
"Not Finding Bigfoot" can be very entertaining. Goofy as hell.

For protection, anything that works for bears, works for everything else in the Americas.

BigSur

I wouldn't hunt a Bigfoot because yes I do believe they exist. There are just too many stories and eye witness accounts from police officers, federal workers, and the like, to discount it. Not all of them are lies, there's just no way.

Stargazer

Were I to go hunting for Bigfoot I would want to be carrying my Canon Vixia HV30. It works great in all sorts of lighting conditions and would cause no danger of flash blindness.