Boudreau and Thibodeau

Cappy

In Cajun country Boudreau and Thibodeau are our version of you yankees 2 Escamos:tinysmile_tongue_t: Here's an oldie but a goodie:

BIG GOLDEN DOORS

One day, Thibodeau and his family went to the city of New Orleans. Not knowing what to do first, they decided to go into one of the tall buildings they found. Once in, Marie went off looking for some shops, while Thibodeau and his son browsed around together.

After a bit, they came to these big golden doors. Thibodeau says, "Wonda what dese here doors lead to?" They stared at the doors for a few seconds until an old woman walked up to them. She pushed a button, the doors opened, and she entered. The doors closed. They noticed numbers above the door start to change: 1........2.........3.... stop, and then resume back down, 3.......2.......1....Then the doors opened! A beautiful, young voluptuous woman walked out! The son shouted, "Wow! Pa! You see dat!" Thibodeau replied quickly, "Yeah son! Hurry! Go get yer Ma!"

Cappy

Todays reading

Today finds Boudreau dat crazy Cajun at a marrige encounter weekend workshop.:tinysmile_tongue_t:

Joke of the Day

While attending a Marriage Encounter Weekend, Boudreau and his wife Marie listened to the instructor declare, 'It is essential that husbands and wives
know the things that are important to each other.'
He addressed the men, 'Can you name and describe your wife's favorite flower?' Boudreau leaned over, touched Marie's arm gently and whispered, 'Gold Medal, All-Purpose, isn't it?'

Cappy

One day Boudreau and Thibodeau were watching TV. A good commercial about a movie came on and it said, "Coming To A Theatre Near You." Boudreau looked at Thibodeau and said, "Thib how they know where we live?"

Cappy

COURAGE IN ACTION

Boudreau was trying to educate a Bostonian on the valor and courage of the Acadians who left Nova Scotia fighting all kinds of odds and hardships. He related their struggles with disease and oppression. He also told him how the Acadians finally settled in Louisiana and became known as Cajuns.

"Sha, dey wuz some real heroes, dem Cajuns, yeah!" boasted Boudreau. "I betchu never had nuttin' so brave like dat in Boston, you."

"Did you ever hear of Paul Revere?" asked the Bostonian.

"Paul Revere?" queried Boudreau, "May, dat's not da guy dat ran fo' help, him?"

Cappy

Joke of the Day

DA HELICOPTER

One day, Boudreau walked into Thibodeau's house and asked him, "May, what's dat in ya front yard?" Thibodeau said, "May, it be a helicopter." Boudreau responded, "A helicopter. What it do?" Thibodeau replied, "Come see. I show ya."

They walked into the yard. Thibodeau got in and took off strait up into the clouds. After a while, Boudreau heard a loud noise, and Thibodeau and the helicopter came crashing down. Boudreau walked around and found Thibodeau lying on the ground all cut up.

Boudreau asked "Thibodeau, what happened?" Thibodoux answered, "May, Boudreau, I wuz goin' up in dat helicopter dere, an' it got cold, so I turned off dat big fan!!!!!!"

CozInCowtown

SO I'm on a C-130 into a Joint Mil/Civ airport & the Pilot asks "What local time is it ?" Tower asks "Are you a Military or Civilian & if Military, what branch ?" The Pilot asks "What difference does that make ?" Tower replies , "If you are Civilian it is 4pm, if you are USAF it is 1600 hours, if you are NAVY its 8 bells, if ARMY then Micky's little hand is on the 4 and his big hand is on the 12, if you are USMC, then its Thursday afternoon & the bar isn't open for another half hour."

Cappy

Boudreau was walking down the wharf and he met up with Thibodeau. He says to Thibodeau, "Hey podna, how ya'll are?"

Thibodeau says, "Mais ok."

Boudreau says, "And hows your wife?"
Thibodeau says, "Mais my wife's an angel."
Boudreau says, "You lucky, my wife's still living!"

Cappy

THE NAKED TRUTH

Boudreau and Thibodeau were discussing some of their most embarrassing moments in life.

Said Boudreau, "May, I kin remember, me, my most worstest time."

"Aw, yeah, "said Thibodeau. "What wuz dat, sha?"

"Maaay, I got me dis invitation in da mail ta one o' dem real fancy Mardi Gras Balls, you know, an' it say pleen as day on dat invitation, 'Black Tie Only.' Talk abot embarrassed, me, when I git dere an' see dat everybody wuz wearin' dere suits, too!" said Boudreau.

Cappy

Brown Bag

Boudreau see Thibodeau walkin' down da street one day wit' a paper bag under his arm.

Boudreau say, "Thibodeau, what you got in dat bag?" Thib say, "I got some cokes in dere."

Boudreau say, "Thib, if I can guess how many of dem cokes ya got in dat bag, can I have one?"

Thibodeau say "Boudreau, if you can guess how many cokes I got in dat bag, I'll give you both of dem."

Boudreau say, "Okay, six?"

Cappy

STARS

Pierre and Boudreau went on a camping trip. After supper and several beers, they both laid down for the night and went to sleep. Some hours later, Boudreau woke up and nudged Pierre. Boudreau said, "Pierre, look up at da sky an' tell me whatchu see." Pierre replied, "I see millions an' millions of stars." Boudreau asked, "What does dat tell you?"

Pierre pondered for a minute then said, "Astronomically, it tells me dat dere are millions o' galaxies an' potentially billions o' planets. Astrologically, I observe dat Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce dat da time is approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, I kin see dat God is all powerful and dat we are small an' insignificant. Meteorologically, I suspect dat we will have a beautiful day tomorrow."

Despite all of the amazing information coming from Pierre, Boudreau was not impressed. Boudreau asked, "May, Pierre, but *what* does dat tell you?" Pierre is silent and puzzled and doesn't answer. Boudreau slapped Pierre across the head and said, "Pierre, you idiot. Someone has stolen our tent!"

Cappy

SIGN LANGUAGE

Gaston shouted to Boudreau, "I taut y'all wuz goin' ta watch da LSU Tigers play baseball dis afternoon?"

"May, we did go, yeah," said Boudreau.

"For sho'? Den how come y'all here rite now?" asked Gaston.

"Cuz me and Thibodeau wuz drivin' on da I-10 in Baton Rouge, an' we come ta dis big, big sign dat say, 'LSU - Left'," said Boudreau. "May, I'm not stoopid, me. Ya don't tink I'm gonna go if dey ain't dere. So we turn around an' come home, us!"

Cappy

50,000 MILES

Boudreau told Thibodeau he was having trouble selling his truck for $1,500 with 200,000 miles on it.

Thibodeau told him to set the odometer back to 50,000 miles to make it easier to sell.

A few days later, Thibodeau asked Boudreau if he had sold his truck.

"No," replied Boudreau, "I decided ta keep it. Mais, it only got 50,000 miles on it."

Cappy

A GREAT DEAL

Boudreau was in the dentist office and asked, "How muchu charge fo' pullin' an achin' tooth?"

"Well, with gas, I charge $75.00," replied the dentist.

"Sha Lawd, dat's plenny high, yeah," said Boudreau. "But what if ya take dat needle, poke it aroun' dat toot', put a lil Novocain in dere, an' den pull it?"

"Then that would be $50.00 an extraction," explained the dentist.

"Choooo! I tink dat's still high, me!" exclaimed Boudreau. "Den what if ya take dem pliers, reach in, an' jus' yank dat sucka outta dere?"

"Oh, I guess I could do that for five bucks," answered the dentist.

"Dat's mo' like it!" said a jubilant Boudreau. "Hey, Clotile! Come git in da chair, beb. He gonna take you now!"

Cappy

Farmer Boudreaux's Pigs

Farmer Boudreaux had 5 female pigs. Times were hard, so he decided to take them to the parish fair and sell them.

At the fair, he met Farmer Thibodaux who owned five male pigs. After talking a bit, they decided to mate the pigs and split everything 50/50. The farmers lived sixty miles apart, so they agreed to drive thirty miles each and find a field in which to let the pigs mate.

The first morning, Boudreaux got up at 5 a.m., loaded his female pigs into the family station wagon (which was the only vehicle he had), and drove the thirty miles. While the pigs were mating, he asked Thibodaux, "How will I know if they are pregnant?"

Thibodaux replied, "If they're lying in the grass tomorrow morning, they're pregnant. If they're in the mud, they're not."

The next morning the pigs were rolling in the mud. So Boudreux hosed them off, loaded them into the family station wagon again and proceeded to try again. This continued each morning for more than a week and both farmers were worn out.

The next morning Boudreaux was too tired to get out of bed. He called to his wife, "Clotilde, please look outside and tell me whether the pigs are in the mud or in the grass."

"Neither," yelled Clothilde, "they're in the station wagon and one of them is honking the horn".

Cappy

Fishing with Boudreaux

Boudreaux went fishing and after a short time, he ran out of worms. He saw a cottonmouth with a frog in its mouth. Frogs are good bass bait. Knowing the snake couldn't bite him with the frog in its mouth, Boudreaux grabbed the snake's head, took the frog, and put it in his bait bucket.

Now, Boudreaux had a dilemma. How was he going to release the snake without getting bit? So he grabbed his bottle of Jack Daniels and poured a little whiskey in the snake's mouth. The snake's eyes rolled back and he went limp. Boudreaux released the snake into the lake and went back to fishing.

Not long after, Boudreaux felt a nudge on his foot. It was that darn snake . . . with two more frogs.

Cappy

How a Woman Measures a Flagpole

Boudreaux and Thibodaux were standing by a flagpole looking up. Clotilde walks by and asks them what they're doing. "We're supposed to find da height of the flagpole," said Boudreaux, "but we don't have a ladder."

Clotilde took a wrench from her purse, loosened a few bolts, and laid the pole down. Then she took a tape measure from her purse, took a measurement, announced, "Eighteen feet, six inches," and walked away.

Boudreaux shakes his head, laughs and tells Thibodaux, "Ain't dat just like a woman! We asked for da height and she gives us da length!!

Cappy

Hurricane Season Greetings

Here we go again! Hurricane Season is starting to kick up in the Gulf. Those of you who've been through a hurricane (or many) know the drill. You know you're from the Cajun Coast when . . . . .

* You have more than 300 C and D batteries in your kitchen drawer

* You are thinking of repainting your house to match the plywood covering your windows

* You decide your patio furniture looks better on the bottom of the pool

* You can recite from memory whole portions of your homeowner's insurance policy

* At cocktail parties, women are attracted to the guy with the biggest chainsaw

* Your pantry contains more than 20 cans of Spaghetti O's

* You can rattle off the names of three or more meteorologists who work at the Weather Channel

* A drive-thru meal consists of MRE's and bottled water

* You're more concerned about someone stealing your generator than your car

* A battery-powered TV is considered a home entertainment center

* You go to work early and stay late just to enjoy the air conditioning

* Relocating to South Dakota doesn't seem like such a crazy idea

* Ice is a valid topic of conversation

* Having a tree in your living room doesn't necessarily mean it's Christmas

* You get excited when you see an Entergy truck in your neighborhood

Cappy

Love Letter from Clotilde to Boudreaux

Dear Boudreaux,

I know it was our joint decision for you to go off to the army for the year, but it's so hard not having you here. We are married; doesn't it make sense that we should be together? I'm so miserable without you, it's almost like you're still here.

Love,
Clotilde