Cplorful campfires.

Northern Dancer

Your note brought back instant memories from my days at Camp Norval. We would be startled at the sudden appearance of a flaming arrow darting from out of the dark hitting the centre of a huge campfire. It would burst into flame and within minutes they would be lapping at the branches that hung over the site. Then there would be times that our "medicine man" would lift his arms and command a flame to light our ceremonial fire. At the precise time you would hear a faint rumble sound then a hissing sound then there would be a faint blast and suddenly a red ball of fire that would ignite the whole thing. It was all so magical.

But no matter how fancy you might be a plain ol campfire has all the magical charm.

Thomas H

Bibsoutdoors
Your note brought back instant memories from my days at Camp Norval. We would be startled at the sudden appearance of a flaming arrow darting from out of the dark hitting the centre of a huge campfire. It would burst into flame and within minutes they would be lapping at the branches that hung over the site. Then there would be times that our "medicine man" would lift his arms and command a flame to light our ceremonial fire. At the precise time you would hear a faint rumble sound then a hissing sound then there would be a faint blast and suddenly a red ball of fire that would ignite the whole thing. It was all so magical.

View attachment 3226

But no matter how fancy you might be a plain ol campfire has all the magical charm.
Sounds like you had an enchanting time back then!

Roybrew

Cool.... I'll have to try that on my next campfire.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk