Do you remember your first hike?

Bushman

The other day I took a friend of mine that had never been hiking before down the first trail I went down as a kid.

I hadn't been there in what seemed like ages, but I remember it like it was yesterday.

What was your first hike like?

2coastcamper

I don't really know if I actually remember it, or just remember hearing stories about it. Anyway, I was 5 or 6 and with my dad going to a hike-in camp. Per the story, it was about 3 miles. On the way to the camp, we had to cross a stream on a log. I was scared, so my dad picked me up and put me on his shoulders and walked across the log. He kept me on his shoulders the rest of the way to camp.

4x4

Yes. It was long, scorching hot and the people I was with where so pessimistic. It was not a fun first trip out that. I have many enjoyable trips now. :)

Barney

My first hike was when I was 6. I went with my father and his brother. It was a blast. You know, kids these days need to go out in the wild more often. It would make them appreciate nature more.

tentwolfette

Ours was in the catskills a place called North-South lake. Really this was our first 7-day camping trip. Our first was at saratoga in up state ny .we made no resv.did not come with any food,water or wood.first we found a campground of sorts. OH did i tell you that it was raining cats -dogs.Mind you the only light we had was the truck lights. we get the tent almost up to find out that we set it up to close to the lake.by this time we were soak myguy was so angry that we took up the main stakes and moved the whole dam tent.rain did not stop until early morning.we woke the next morning to vist the battle grounds an geysers had agreat time. we have come a long way since then

Christie

I don't remember the exact first time i went on a hike, it's more a jumble of memories. My dad would take my brother and I out to the trails not too far from our house. I always just thought we were just going for walks with dad when we were getting on mom's nerves.

jason

fear no beer
I cannot remember. But my mother loves to tell the story of when I was two and went on a walk by myself through the woods, and almost made it to the highway.