Do you still read printed books?

ppine

Forester
Ponderosa,
Media snobs. "I have been actually lugging around paper copies." "I almost forgot what the pages feel like." Well good for you.

ponderosa

Ponderosa,
Media snobs. "I have been actually lugging around paper copies." "I almost forgot what the pages feel like." Well good for you.

I think you're reading more into those statements than was intended, and perhaps being a bit hypersensitive.

Greatoutdoors

I have avoided all of the e-reader devices because I do prefer having actual books. However, I have tons of books and unless I can convince my husband to build wall to wall bookshelves I am running out of room. I am going to start looking into some of the e-readers and see how I like it.

woodsman

Ponderosa,
Well you know what they say, if somebody's not offended you're doing something wrong. As far as being a snob is concerned, your assumption of us "young" ones never writing a letter is more in accordance with the definition of that word.

JeepThrills

I love real books! That being said, however, I have gotten addicted to free ebooks and have been "buying" them on a regular basis. I don't have a Kindle yet, however, so I'm just building up the collection right now.

hikergirl

I still read books, partly because I don't have a kindle. I like how books gets really worn out when camping, and I don't really mind re-reading it if I have to!

Scotty

I don't have a portable ereader yet. However, just as soon as I can, I'm getting one. I'm older than dirt, or so says my grandson, but I love reading in the electronic format. Don't get me wrong, I have tons of books. We just moved and my wife and I together found OVER 20 boxes of books that we sold to a dealer at a local flea market. Even with that we still are having a hard time finding a place to put all of the ones we decided to keep. There are some books that are so good, I read them again and again. Then too, I'm so forgetful I forget some of the details and get to relive the good parts again. As they say, a few more years and I'll get to plan my own surprise party. I still check out books at the local lending library and then check some of them out for the PDF files on my computer. The main reason I want an ereader so badly, is it for the number of books you can put on one and have them available. I get tired of reading one book at at time so I've always got at least two if not more I'm reading at any one time. I also have a very bad back so if I go somewhere like backpacking, it allows me to indulge without having to worry about the extra weight. I like options.

Gangplank

Eternal Sailor
Never read a book on a computer and probably never will. I'm not a gadget guy. Besides I would miss the smell of a real book and the way it feels between your fingers.

Too much technology for me.