E-cigarettes used as a deadly weapon

carmen

I had a visit with my doctor yesterday and we got on the subject of how some people are worried that the e-cigarettes people are using now can be turned into something bad. He mentioned what would happen if someone could learn how to (and use) one of these things to vaporize a deadly virus. Could this really happen?

bsmit212

I have no idea on the ablity of vaporizing a deadly virus. Wounder if they could also be turned into small bombs disgused as E-cig.

jason

fear no beer
I am sure anything is possible with enough resources, time and money. However I would think it would be a lot easier to make a suicide biological weapon. Instead of blowing themselves up they just infect themselves and spread the virus around.

southerngal

Well, it is possible for them to aerosolize deadly viruses and put them in Lysol cans and asthma inhalers so I am sure that it is possible. Is it likely to happen? Probably not, because there are much easier ways to spread a virus like that.

That's a grim thought, but highly impractical. Like southerngal said, it's far easier to use an aerosol spray or infect the water supply. I'd be less worried about viruses and more worried about health risks that haven't been discovered yet.