Easy Campfire Chicken Recipe

BigSur

So here's a great recipe called Campfire Chicken. Apparently Cracker Barrel came up with this one a while back but it's not hard to make at all. If you cook it outside on a grill, oh my, you will be delighted! Happy Christmas time!

Cappy

If ya making that in the coals ya need several layors of foil like 5 times as much as shown. Not just to prevent burning but to make it sturdy for handling, turning. If ya doing it on the grill leave the top open so it can pick up some of the smokey flavor. Foil packs are great for individual servings. ya eat off the packs and it makes clean up easy. I cant see the advantage to cooking a big package. Why not just use a dutch oven then??

Greatoutdoors

This does look good, but I think that I would take Cappy's advice and just cook it in the Dutch oven instead. I may give this one a try in the Dutch oven in the house this week.

campclose

Our kids love to make meals in the coals so I will give it a try. We love Cracker Barrel food so I'm sure we will love this one. Thanks for all the extra tips too! I would hate to have charred veggies!

I agree--this one looks good for the oven. Thanks for the recipe, I've been racking my brain trying to figure out meals now that the holidays are over.

Stargazer

Love all the healthy ingredients in this recipe. My family loves cooking food on or in the campfire. I agree with Cappy though and I would divide and wrap in individual portions. If I quarter the chicken, instead of half, I will have the perfect size servings for the entire family.