Favorite Dessert

doormaverick

I have to say I enjoy eating dessert, I wish my scale was more merciful towards me but you can't have your cake, eat it to, and not expect to weigh a little more than normal. My absolute favorite dessert is cheesecake with blueberry topping with Reddi Whipped cream. I prefer the cheescake to be from Denny's.

SO what's your favorite desserts??

campman

I too love desserts. I love Indian Desserts like Gulab Jamun. It is really tasty and we can take a few during our trips.

d1976

I like cold items and in dessert I like strawberry ice cream.
It is good in taste as well as in looks.
I eat ice cream at least once in a week.

ahmedabad

I like Indian Laddu which is best one for me as a dessert.
Laddu is favorite in Brahmin Caste in India.
I eat so many Laddu in lunch time.

noor

I have to say I enjoy eating dessert, I wish my scale was more merciful towards me but you can't have your cake, eat it to, and not expect to weigh a little more than normal. My absolute favorite dessert is cheesecake with blueberry topping with Reddi Whipped cream. I prefer the cheescake to be from Denny's.

SO what's your favorite desserts??
Well during my visit deep inside India in Kerala I had a great desert. It was called as chakkara payasam and I loved it. Locals love to serve it. I did over eat the desert and had some stomach problem after that..

vinny

my favorite dessert is indian ice-cream is ras- malai and when go out for dinner i always eat nandu malai ice-cream.it is my favorite ice-cream and i love it in dessert.it is very good in taste because it has different flavour.

m1dz0r

I LOVE HOT FUDGE SUNDAE CAKE!!! And here is the recipe:

1 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
2 tbsp. cocoa
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. milk
2 tbsp. oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chopped nuts
1 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. cocoa
1 3/4 c. hot tap water

In ungreased 9” pan, stir together flour, sugar, 2 tbsp. cocoa, baking powder and salt. Mix in milk, oil, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in nuts and spread evenly in pan.

Sprinkle with brown sugar and 1/4 c. cocoa. Pour hot water over batter.

Bake 40 minutes at 350°. Let stand 15 minutes. To serve, place piece of cake in bowl. Top with ice cream, then spoon sauce over ice cream.

Thomas

Chocolate Truffle Cookies

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
6 tablespoons butter
3 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Add to Recipe Box
My folders:

Intructions

In the microwave or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup of the chocolate chips, and the butter stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. In a large bowl, whip eggs and sugar until thick and pale, about 2 minutes. Stir in the vanilla and the chocolate mixture until well mixed. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into the chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining 1 cup chocolate chips. Cover dough and chill for at least an hour or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Roll chilled dough into 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets so they are 2 inches apart.
Bake for 9 to 11 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

shaan

Hot Fudge Sundae Cake--came off the side of a Gold Medal flour package many years ago.

1 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
2 tbsp. cocoa
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. milk
2 tbsp. oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chopped nuts
1 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. cocoa
1 3/4 c. hot tap water

In ungreased 9” pan, stir together flour, sugar, 2 tbsp. cocoa, baking powder and salt. Mix in milk, oil, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in nuts and spread evenly in pan.

Sprinkle with brown sugar and 1/4 c. cocoa. Pour hot water over batter.

HereToday

Oh wow, those are recipes I need to try!
I agree about Indian sweets, especially the milk-based and coconut sweets are wonderful. We had neighbours who would bring us Prasadam, wonderful home-made sweets!
For camping though, you can't miss on a couple of bags of homemade cookies. I usually take oatmeal and toll-house. Quick, yummy, no dirty dishes!

atula

I just love anything as long as it is sweet...;) Although ice cream is an all time favorite so is chocolate cake and mousse and cheese cake....yes the list can go on and on and on....