favorite trail drink

bsmit212

Just for fun. What is your favorite drink to carry backpacking other than water. I will normally carry some tea packets and a flask of burbon.

Grandpa

Whatever powder I can put in water to give it some flavor. Coffee bags, poweraid or gatoraid, FRS, cinnamon cider, cocoa. I'd try the powdered alcohol but I don't drink alcohol anymore. I always carry several tubes of the stuff you get at walmart. Raspberry Ice is my favorite.

bsmit212

I have not heard about powdered alcohol. I have wanted to try some of the new beer concentrates they have out but have not yet.

Hikenhunter

I like just about anything that gives a little flavor. I gotta have coffee in the am and I enjoy hot choclate in the pm when nights are chilly. One thing I like to do is freeze a bottle or two of seltzer water before a trip and let it thaw all day till I get to camp. Then I sit down when I get to camp and enjoy a bottle of water with some pizzazz.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I carry as much beer as I can and a bota filled with port wine. The wine is good for marinating meats you pick up on the way and a couple glasses of it sure makes me sleep well.

Cappy

I don't carry beer it's way too heavy I truck it in.:beer3: back in my packing canoeing days I always had a mason jar. the uses are too many to nember bot a spoon full in a cup fo coffee would sure knock the frost out on a cold morning.

colombia602

When I was younger, would love hot tang or jello at night after a long day of hiking or right after dinner. So I sways take tang or jello on my trips. You wouldn't think that hot jello would sound good but try it and you will see.

Pathfinder1

Hi...
Rarely do I carry any alcohol beverages afield...with the rare exception when I can sit in my folding lounge chair at a good fishing spot (and that is a rare occasion...!!). Then there might be a beer or two (per person) handy...!!