Finally...a real 'invisibility cloak'...!!

Pathfinder1

Hi...

Well, it happened...apparently, anyway. According to the Dec. 10 afternoon The Blaze, secret camo can make American soldiers truly invisible, the claim goes.

The Pentagon is betting on a real life invisibility cloak for American soldiers, according to recent reports.

Hyperstealth Technology, a Canadian company known for its innovative camo technology, is attempting to revolutionize the battlefield by providing true invisibility for soldiers. The special material being used is Quantum Stealth. The pictures posted on the Company's website of the fabric, which apparently bends light to create the effect, look as though they are straight out of a Harry Potter movie.

Both the U.S. and Canadian military have confirmed that it also works against military IR scopes and Thermal Optics.

Can't wait for the civilian version to come out...!!

Grandpa

Dunno, back in the early '70's, losing a starlight scope was a guaranteed vacation at Leavenworth along with massive fines to repay the guberment. By the 90's they were readily available in every sporting goods store. Where money is concerned..........

hummingbird

So do we get to ride our brooms and play quidditch? I call the Golden Snitch!!! Seriously, it's an awesome use of technology. I would love for our soldiers to have it but I wonder what will happen during battle if both sides have it?? It will change warfare as we know it if it comes into common use.

ChadTower

Intuition tells me that if this stuff really existed that fact would be so classified the guys who designed it would be in Gitmo right about now.

Pathfinder1

hummingbird;
So do we get to ride our brooms and play quidditch? I call the Golden Snitch!!! Seriously, it's an awesome use of technology. I would love for our soldiers to have it but I wonder what will happen during battle if both sides have it?? It will change warfare as we know it if it comes into common use.

Hi...

Ah, yes...I can see it now.

Enemy soldiers inadvertently bumping into each other: "Oh, pardon me, sir. Oh, no...pardon ME. No...after you, sir. No. No. No...after YOU, sir".

(And then began the war of the polite soldiers!).

NOTE: No French soldiers were harmed in the making of this post...!!

Mudder

Yeah, I saw that either China or Japan made a "cloak camo suit" like that recenty also. If you use Google and/or YouTube search engines, you'll be able to find it. I'm on dial up so I won't do it for you ;).

Either way, it'll be pricey stuff when brought to public. I was watching the new Howie Mandel hosted "Take It All" game show the other night on NBC, and one of the prizes was a jet pack -- Well, case in point, jet packs were invented over a half-century ago and it was a $95,000 prize. Maybe in 100 years, blue-collar workers will be able to afford a cloak-camo outfit :).

Last edited: