Foot wear to bed

bsmit212

What do you wear on your feet when in your sleeping bag? Last couple of time I have been camping have been some of the colder nights I have been out in, still weel within range of my sleeping bag though. I have always just worn my wool socks to bed, but last few times I have been out the only thing that really got cold on me were my feet. Looking for ideas of other things to try that might keep my feet a little warmer at night.

ppine

Forester
I usually sleep with bare feet except when temperatures get below about 25 I wear wool socks. I used to sleep in temperatures below zero when I was younger and found that down booties are perfect for cold feet.

Grandpa

Bare feet here in warmer weather as well. When the temps drop I put on a fresh clean pair of my wool hikers. That makes it much easier to put on cold shoes/boots in the morning except when really cold, the boots are in the bag with me as well.

ponderosa

Clean socks, never the ones you hiked in. Down booties are great for colder temps, & if I'm still cold I wear socks and booties with a handwarmer packet between them.

Simplify

When hiking before bed I will boil some water and I put it into a neoprene bottle. I put it in the sleeping bag and it slowly releases its heat all night long.