Gander Mountain Update: Bought at Auction, Some Stores to Stay Open, New Name & Logo, More Guns

jason

fear no beer
We have several updates for you regarding the continuing financial saga of Gander Mountain. First of all, leading RV company Camping World recently acquired Gander’s intellectual property, store leases and its Overton’s boating business after reportedly bidding $390 million for it at a bankruptcy auction. Shortly thereafter, Gander announced a liquidation sale on its website, leading some to believe that all 160 stores nationwide would be closing down. Camping World Chairman and CEO Marcus Lemonis quickly took to social media to set the record straight.

“I keep seeing reports from news organizations in cities where Gander Mountains exist that all stores are closing and they are not,” Lemonis said on Periscope. “All stores are liquidating and the inventory in there is going to go away, but the stores aren’t closing.”

Lemonis said his company didn’t buy Gander’s store inventory. Instead, “the distribution center and a liquidator, a group of liquidators bought all that.”

Stressing that Camping World now controls the leases to all 160 Gander Mountain locations, Lemonis said the plan going forward is to “open at least 70, remain and keep them operating as Gander Mountain, potentially add a small camping world or Overton to them and run them and run a good business.”

- See more at: http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2017/05/gander-mountain-bankruptcy-update/#sthash.mvTDwkrx.dpuf

Cappy

sounds like bargains a plenty if ya careful kinda wish there was one close by and may check see where the at. I dont need anything but if the price is right why not?

Roybrew

We have one about hour and half drive from home. I went a couple of times, and didn't see any difference between them and the other outdoor stores. I hate to see a local business close because that ears jobs and revenue gone.

jason

fear no beer
I went to one about two hours from me. It was nice, but I felt more expensive then others, including Bass Pro. I hope they can turn it around.