Going Duck Hunting With My Girl's Father!

BigSur

Alright, I'm going duck hunting with my girl's father and I'm sort of nervous. I've never duck hunted before so he's supplying the guns and everything. I just don't want to look like a moron. Can anyone point me to some resources online where I could read up?

Pathfinder1

Alright, I'm going duck hunting with my girl's father and I'm sort of nervous. I've never duck hunted before so he's supplying the guns and everything. I just don't want to look like a moron. Can anyone point me to some resources online where I could read up?

Hi...

Can't point you to any on-line resources, but: If you miss any ducks...hey...it happens a lot. Other than that, keep your shotgun ALWAYS pointed skyward. don't move (it scares ducks), and only look up to shoot, unless your face has a camo cover of some type.

Good luck...!!

CozInCowtown

If you do not want to look like a moron then let him know right up front this is new to you and you will need his instruction and help.
Try to be a know-it-all and you will make an obvious moron out of yourself.
A Hunters Safety Class would be a great learning experience for you also!!

JMO,
DC

campclose

Well I hope you have hunted before. Is this your first time hunting or just duck hunting? I have no tips for you because no one here duck hunts. I think a hunter safety course would be good if you have never hunted before.

Snuggles

I expect the hunting trip is over by now. Tell us how things went. Did you get any ducks? I expect your hunting partner just wanted to see if you were worthy of his little girls. Dads are like that. Yeah they are.

ppine

Forester
BigSur,
Get to the nearest trap range as soon as possible and learn to shoot. Otherwise you may look like a loser. It takes balls to be in another guy's world. The deck is stacked against you unless you can hit what you are aiming at. Wing shooting takes practice. Go get some.

BigSur

Well, I didn't have time to prepare for the trip on my own but I have to say, I worried for nothing! He was actually pretty cool! We did some great bonding, and I did okay listening to his instructions. I didn't get any ducks but he got 3! Thanks for the encouragement folks.

cabinfever

The trip is over so my advice is moot, but I have to say, my first thought was you better hope the guy likes you and you haven't wronged his daughter in any way, shape or form! Hunting accidents aren't always accidental, you know.