Going Mudding.

rayne

A friend's daughter went mudding the other day with her boyfriend. I think I know what that is but not sure. Can someone enlighten me here?

SalRanger2

driving trucks/atvs and such through the mud, its alot of fun if you dont get stuck lol

dinosaur

troublemaker
Mudding? Oh, yeah. I think I know a little about that subject. But I'm a guy. We don't notice the mud so much as long as we're having fun.

Bojib

I think this image captures the idea of muddin' pretty well.

Basically, it's what everyone else described above. Sometimes it's just what people call going out and going trail riding, maybe splashing through a good mud hole or two. To others, muddin' strictly means playing in the mud. Probably all depends on the area you are from. Seems like the guys down in the southern U.S. have a much different idea of muddin', with purpose built machines and mud holes that would swallow the average ATV or Truck.

It's fun though, you should get out and try it sometime.

campclose

Awesome pic! I have to tell you that my daughter loves to go muddin! The muddier the better. It's funny as all get out. I can remember one time we went on the 4-wheelers and we had to get off and push them out of the mud hole.

rayne

Thanks guys and gals. I thought that's what it was. I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that yet. Maybe one day I'll get wild and crazy and give it a try.

twinsmommy

Thanks guys and gals. I thought that's what it was. I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that yet. Maybe one day I'll get wild and crazy and give it a try.
You should go, it is FUN!! I think it is more fun on an ATV rather than in the truck, but it is still a good time either way. It does suck when you get stuck though.

Waynefire

The mudding is where you take a truck or atv through some mud holes. I know this can be a blast and typically you will end up getting totally soaked to guarantee you have a great time!

dashboardc33

Rayne, you should definitely give it a try. As long as you have someone there to pull you out if you get stuck, it is a lot of fun. You can go using an ATV/4 wheeler or if you have the right truck you can use a truck as well. The best time to go is right after a rainstorm when the puddles are deep and there is plenty of mud.

carmen

If you get stuck that just means you need more practice, get out of the sticky spot and get right back in the vehicle and have at it! I wish we could go mudding but my husband swears the truck is for work and not play. I think we need a 3rd vehicle. :)

ppine

Forester
So the point of this sport is to wait for a heavy rain and get stuck? These people need to get out more. Must be the same crowd that likes NASCAR- floor it and turn left. I guess this is what happens when people don't have public land.

There is a lot more adventure in just going to the mountains and trying to get home in one piece than there could ever be in paying someone to drive around in circles in a bunch of mud holes. I don't see the point.

Cupcake77

Mudding is so much fun but I haven't done it in years. I used to live out in the sticks so it was Saturday night entertainment. I remember having to help some city slicker who thought he could weave around the huge puddle. He ended up getting stuck in the deep mud on the side of the path.

Bojib

So the point of this sport is to wait for a heavy rain and get stuck? These people need to get out more. Must be the same crowd that likes NASCAR- floor it and turn left. I guess this is what happens when people don't have public land.

There is a lot more adventure in just going to the mountains and trying to get home in one piece than there could ever be in paying someone to drive around in circles in a bunch of mud holes. I don't see the point.
Don't knock it till you try it.

ppine

Forester
Bojib,
No offense meant. I have tried driving in mud. I did it for a living and just have a different frame of reference. Getting stuck means a lot of work at the least, and maybe big problems at the worst. Breaking a piece of machinery 100 miles from the pavement is always something to avoid. In my 30 year career I only had to walk out once, and went back and fixed it the next day at 10,600 feet in a snow storm after losing a wheel off a jeep Wagoneer in Colorado (broken axle).

hikeorbike

I've never heard of it either, but based on Bojib's picture, it looks like a messy ball of fun! I would think some degree of skill would be required to drive those things through the wet dirt safely.