Good morning, from a Backpacker refugee

TrailWeaver

TrailWeaver aka Deborah
I'm learning my way around here. Like a few others, whose names I recognize, I did post on Backpacker, but it looks like they have killed that site.

I created a name this time rather than just using my first name.

It looks like there are lots of nice features here. I will be exploring them more in the coming weeks.

Oh there are cute emoticons. MsDoolittle will love that. :whoo:

TrailWeaver aka Deborah

jason

fear no beer
Greetings and salutations. What happened over there? I used to visit, although infrequently, but I just got back from a road trip and see a lot of people came over here from there.

Glad to have you all over here though. I'm slowly getting back into my work groove, but I will be happy to answer any questions you have.

I'm also working on more features. So look for them in the coming months. ;)

TrailWeaver

TrailWeaver aka Deborah
Jason, I have no idea what they have done. In their usual apathetic manner they did not tell us anything. There were issues with not being able to login over the weekend, then they took the forums offline completely yesterday. I think everyone is just sick of the tech issues.

I can't figure out why my avatar is not showing in posts. Can you tell what I did wrong?

Thanks.

jason

fear no beer
hmm I must not have done the avatar correctly. I will check that.
Was it an animated avatar?

A little back story about the site. When I wanted to start a site, I had some difficulty securing a name I liked. I found this one, which the person running it and a forum on, which was neglected and full of spam/adult content. I managed to buy it off of him, and restart the site from scratch. However, we still got hit hard in the beginning from spammers.

To combat this, I setup a registered user group and a member user group. A person is switched to member after 15 posts. Until that time, some permissions may be revoked. Things like links, and some types of avatars, may not work. Sometimes posts may be put into a moderation que also.

Bateauxdriver

Ya'll will likely see more people filter in from Backpacker. Hopefully the trolls get lost in the transfer. The majority are great folks and I've hiked with a ton of them. This is a nice looking site with broad outdoor topics which I happen to enjoy all of.

TrailWeaver

TrailWeaver aka Deborah
Welcome trail Weaver
Good morning Grandpa... though I seriously doubt that you are old enough to be my Grandpa. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

What was in Idaho briefly last year... a road trip. What I saw was lovely.

Last edited:

mikepond

Welcome & I tend to get confused with the profile picture and the avatar picture too. Most boards I visit just have one single image for both areas. Can that be changed?

jason

fear no beer
Welcome & I tend to get confused with the profile picture and the avatar picture too. Most boards I visit just have one single image for both areas. Can that be changed?
Sadly it is built that way in the forum software. I'll see if I can try making it more clear though of which is which when someone goes to upload one. For now a simple way to think of it is:

Avatar will show in your posts, profile picture will show in the profile though.

I have to take care of some other stuff, but feel free to ask any questions you may have. You can also check out our site feedback section ( Site Feedback - Outdoor Basecamp Forums ) to see if something has been answered already, or to ask questions in there so others can see also.

TrailWeaver

TrailWeaver aka Deborah

Thanks for the comment... I completely missed the "profile avatar" thing. Done.

dicentra

Is this the new hang out?

Dicentra here. The one and only. Guess I'd better go find a profile pic, eh?