Good morning :-)

charley

Welcome to a new day. Grab the coffee and enjoy that warm liquid. It is a cold but clear day here in western Pa. as the sun begins to lighten the sky. Have a great day. It's friday so the weekend is almost here. :tinysmile_grin_t:

dinosaur

troublemaker
Thanks. I'm in Northwestern Indiana and the sun's not up yet but I've had my coffee and I'm looking forward to a good day.

oldsarge

Well past sunrise here in Northeastern Illinois, had my coffee and about to go for seconds here at work. It's going to be cold but sunny, so not too bad of a day. Thanks, have a great day also!

wvbreamfisherman

Kinda gray chilly day here in Western WV. Enjoying my second cup of coffee here at my desk. Leaving work early today and looking forward to finishing up all the Christmas chores this weekend.

jason

fear no beer
Got some clouds, but no chance of rain today, or for a while if you believe the weatherman. High is 78. Would be a great day to be on the water with the calm conditions out there. Sadly, I'm helping people move this weekend, which means lots of work to do today.

Pathfinder1

Hi...

Western PA? Yes, I've heard of it.

Here in NY it's apparently the same weather conditions...and on approximately at the same meridian as you...38-degrees, partly cloudy w/sun, and a bit blustery.

You don't think that we'l put the Weather Channel out of business, do you?

Judy Ann

Good Morning! The sun rose to spectacularly beautiful day...too bad I have to work.
I hope all of you will be enjoying the next few days and perhaps even have a lot of fun along the way. Who's camping, hiking or enjoying the outdoors?

wvbreamfisherman

Hi Judy Ann! Like you, stuck at work today and likely a bit tomorrow. At least stuff should be squared away for a whole week off aftern Christmas!

HikerJoe

Mornin playahs. It's oh dog early here. Having a productive day at work. Got through many levels of Angry Birds already.

Lamebeaver

Started out clear, cloudy now, we're supposted to have a few inches of snow by evening.

Tomorrow the sun will be shining again.

I love Colorado.

Judy Ann

Good afternoon. I hope that all you elves are ready for this weekend. I need to quit procrastinating on some last details...

Is anyone expecting a white Christmas?

Grandpa

No expectations of a white CHRISTmas here. And we normally have 2-3 feet of the white stuff by now.

We got an early start on the Christmas shopping but then the elves went on strike so we had to delay the last few things until this Friday. (disadvantage of not using a credit card) However, the cookies are baked, the candy made, the yule logs stacked and the stockings are hung. Grandkids are upset because the chimney is full of fire and smoke. Grandma's present is delivered and in use. And if she is to be believed, it looks like it has become my present as well.:tinysmile_cry_t4::tinysmile_cry_t4:

ppine

Forester
The world has gotten complicated these days not always for the better. Anyone like to share their camp coffee recipe?

ponderosa

No expectations of a white CHRISTmas here. And we normally have 2-3 feet of the white stuff by now.

We got an early start on the Christmas shopping but then the elves went on strike so we had to delay the last few things until this Friday. (disadvantage of not using a credit card) However, the cookies are baked, the candy made, the yule logs stacked and the stockings are hung. Grandkids are upset because the chimney is full of fire and smoke. Grandma's present is delivered and in use. And if she is to be believed, it looks like it has become my present as well.:tinysmile_cry_t4::tinysmile_cry_t4:
Maybe your kids will come through with the snowshoes, fingers crossed. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Judy Ann

The world has gotten complicated these days not always for the better. Anyone like to share their camp coffee recipe?
My version of cowboy coffee: Heat water to almost boiling. Add ground coffee. Let sit 8 minutes and pour coffee into my mug straining through a paper towel. I have a french press for my jetboil, but more grounds end up in my mug if I use it. ;-(

Happy Holidays ppine!

Grandpa

My version of cowboy coffee: Heat water to almost boiling. Add ground coffee. Let sit 8 minutes and pour coffee into my mug straining through a paper towel. I have a french press for my jetboil, but more grounds end up in my mug if I use it. ;-(

Happy Holidays ppine!
Put just a small squirt of cold water in just before pouring. It will help settle the grounds.

Grandpa

Maybe your kids will come through with the snowshoes, fingers crossed. :tinysmile_twink_t2:
We can only hope.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Grandma told me at lunch she still intends to get me something which I take as a hint to get her something else:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Judy Ann

We can only hope.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Grandma told me at lunch she still intends to get me something which I take as a hint to get her something else:tinysmile_twink_t2:
Maybe she didn't want you to think that she had forgotten about that kilt you were asking for last summer! ;-) LOL!

Grandpa

Maybe she didn't want you to think that she had forgotten about that kilt you were asking for last summer! ;-) LOL!
No, I brought that up again last week and she started laughing so hard I thought she would be late for work. Gotta find another solution to that end. Her idea of a well dressed man is Levi's and boots. A kilt just doesn't enter in to her way of thinking. She still thinks I'm crazy for backpacking in tennie runners.

charley

It has been a dreary drizzly day here. I still got out for a 3 mile walk in the woods. I took my MIL's dog with me. She loves it. I have to keep her on a leash cause she can't be trusted to come back. She loves to race around though. As I said it was a wet day and we were in the woods. The dog is a shizu (not spelled right) about 10 lbs with kinda long hair. She was a soaking wet muddy mess when we got back. I'll bet she was smiling too. I got some warm water in the kitchen sink and kinda cleaned her up.
As for the coffee and camping I have tried many ways and have settled on the press when car camping. When I am backpacking I make a concoction with instant coffee, cocoa mix, coffee creamer, and sugar. I usually drink coffee black but this drink is ok. I'll get to the holiday stuff later.