Greek festival

calanta

We are thinking of heading downtown this weekend for a Greek festival. A little embarrassed but I really have no idea what to expect. I am a picky eater by habit so I hope at least I can find good grub. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

jason

fear no beer
I love going to Tarpon Springs here, which the docks there are heavily Greek influenced. The Gyros there are amazing. The lamb meat is great. They have a lot of pastries that people like too, but I'm not too into them.

T

tentrus

I've never been to a Greek festival but it sounds like a lot of fun. Why not go down and give it a try. I'm sure there will be something that you will like to eat - if not you can always eat when you get home.

Judy Ann

Calanta have fun experiencing something new and different. I was in your shoes once. Took my husband to a festival and to this day I enjoy Greek food. I've made Baklava, but the real thing is far superior. Try everything, never eat again what you didn't like, but Lord help you if you fall in love with the cuisine! My mother and I have searched far and wide for the perfect Gyro.

LittleLady

I go to Greek Festivals for the food. It's usually amazing. Definitely get a gyro. If they're anything like they are here, it's worth the trip! I love authentic gyros.

calanta

It was a little too warm for any of us to really sit down and eat but we did have a blast. During the warmer months they try to get setup for any type of event to keep it ongoing, plus getting out and being able to walk around so much is good exercise. I avoided the pastries too, trying to lose a little bit and all. :)

rockytibby

I have never been to one but it sounds fun. I love to eat so trying something new would be great. I have had baklava and greek salads, never had a gyro. Would like to try one never been to shy to eat.

greentea

Gyros and Kebab, if you like meat you won't go hungry they also have a bunch of salads, thus the name Greek Salad, so you'd have a hard time going hungry.

calanta

I am not too fond of the salads or at least the one I tried thought I suspect the dressing had something to do with it. We did not actually see any kebabs which was odd I thought that was a big thing with greeks.