Had it!

Greatoutdoors

Ever have one of those days where you have just absolutely had it? Today is mine, one sick hubby, and two toddlers have absolutely pushed me to my limit and there is no escape because there is no one to watch the kids if I run away. One full bottle of bacon bits, and two full bottles of juice all over my living room floor, couch cushions etc., two curtain rods completely destroyed from trying to swing on them like monkeys, and a bathroom floor full of water from kids playing in the sink. It better be bedtime soon because my head is about to explode...add to that the pressure of how the heck are we going to pay the bills this month and I think I have just about stressed myself into a heart attack. Seriously... my chest hurts and I'm not even 34 yet! :help:

oldsarge

Send them little terrors out here with me. I just started my vacation and will be cutting down trees on my property. I'll keep them busy!

Seriously....take it easy as you can. Sick or not, hit up the hubby for some back up. You're to young to be having chest pains!

Marlowe

Oh dear, you're not alone, everybody has days like that. Put them to bed and go split a large brandy with hubby. :) I can relate to some of that because we babysit our nieces a lot lately. There are times I just want to knock their cute little heads together. At those times I just have to take a deep breath, count to 10, and remember how much I love them when they're being good. Hang in there!

Blueskyy

Hang in there...surely it is bedtime by now. Hopefully, your hubby will feel better tomorrow and the kids will behave a little better for you. I have two kids under five and I know exactly how challenging it can be at times. :)

MountainHomeCamper

Hopefully hubby is now well and kids are back to normal. When mine were little and I got to that point, I would just watch the kids and try to figure out what was so fun that they persisted - if it was that much fun, maybe it was what I needed also. Then I'd join them in the fun - take them outside in the rain and do absolutely nothing but splash in the mud puddles until we were all filthy. I even took a box of frosted flakes outside and threw them into the wind - one at a time. Just because it was a "kid thing" to do. Sometimes partaking in kid like activities can dramatically lower that stress level - it's tough being the adult all the time, so why not be a kid for an hour.

Grandpa

Hopefully hubby is now well and kids are back to normal. When mine were little and I got to that point, I would just watch the kids and try to figure out what was so fun that they persisted - if it was that much fun, maybe it was what I needed also. Then I'd join them in the fun - take them outside in the rain and do absolutely nothing but splash in the mud puddles until we were all filthy. I even took a box of frosted flakes outside and threw them into the wind - one at a time. Just because it was a "kid thing" to do. Sometimes partaking in kid like activities can dramatically lower that stress level - it's tough being the adult all the time, so why not be a kid for an hour.
I refuse to grow up too.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

ppine

Forester
Greatoutdoors,
I am concerned for you. Please figure out a way to get some help. Find some friends or relatives to assist you.

But please remember that you chose the position your are in. Right now you are being tested. Try to act like an adult as much as possible.

CozInCowtown

I have a 45 acre hay field behind the house.
Our kids are mostly gone and we can not spank foster kids but there are plenty of rocks to pick up and stack!!
Both my sons and daughter had their own pile, 17 year old daughter is still playing catch up with her brothers....LoL
I love setting up in that air conditioned cab of my tractor listening to classic rock while some jerk picks up rocks the size of softballs+ and fills the 80" front-end loader bucket on a 100 degree afternoon....LoL
I do not want to scratch the paint on the bucket so they get to hand unload them also...LoL
Just warms my heart to see them lives changed for the better.....builds character I tell you!!!
DC

I have been there more than once!!
Keep the faith, the rewards are overcompensation for the frustration and efforts!!
dc

Last edited:

Pathfinder1

Greatoutdoors,
I am concerned for you. Please figure out a way to get some help. Find some friends or relatives to assist you.

But please remember that you chose the position your are in. Right now you are being tested. Try to act like an adult as much as possible.

Hi...

I agree with the first part, Ppine.

Unconciously we might want to be where we presently are...maybe...but somehow I don't think this is the case...!!

Pathfinder1

Hi...

Well, I am sure glad to see that your head didn't explode...!!

Have you tried other avenues for help? Family Services...Red Cross, (or your local equivalents)? etc.

Certainly wish you the very best. It's gotta be hard, but if you had someone to 'go over' your circumstances and offer some positive support and suggestions...I'll bet that it would help to some extent.

Again, all the best.

ponderosa

I hope your world is looking up today. I know first hand how a couple of toddlers can sometimes push your sanity. And I can think of few things more exasperating than a "helpless" sick husband (I'd rather have two sick kids than one sick husband). My advice is to tell him he's on his own. You take care of the kids when you're sick...he can manage to take care of just himself while you manage the kids and house. Best wishes with the financial worries. I know that makes all the little things that happen during the day much harder to deal with.

Greatoutdoors

Today was a good bit better, and both kids had fevers today so chances are some of the acting out yesterday was because they were coming down with the same thing their daddy has. We do have family support, but they work during the week so if hubby is down during the week I am on my own. My parents have already made plans to take both of the kids for a few hours this weekend so that I can get a much needed break.

PPine you are exactly right! I definitely decided to have these two beautiful kids, and then have my husband be laid off, and then injured so that he can't work at the moment so that I have to worry every day about keeping a roof over our heads. I agree with the first part of what you said, my family helps when they can and I am looking for a mom and me playgroup in town...so we can all meet friends. However, sometimes things happen that simply cannot be planned for and absolutely were not our choice.

Grandpa

All I can say is keep smiling great. I wish I could say things will surely get better but I can't. But I can say there are many others in the same boat as you and many in far worse condition. Find that playgroup. It will help give you empathy for what others are suffering as well as a venting place for your own problems. And then give those kids some of your chores. Keeps them occupied and gives you some breathing room. And remember, when it comes to those kids, a pat on the back is worth two kicks in the arse.

campclose

Wow! Well I hope things are a bit better. A sick hubby is not fun at all. We all know how men are when they are sick. I would have put the kids to bed early that night. Kids need to behave! Swinging from the curtain rods? :( Oh no!

Greatoutdoors

Well, hubby is feeling better and kids are at my mom's for a few hours. We are all getting together later to have dinner for my dad's birthday. Maybe something will break on the employment front soon and we can all relax a bit. If not, I can always rent the kids out to people who want their property destroyed for some reason. ;)