Ice Fishing

Northern Dancer

4308 Ever Try Ice Fishing?

I tried it Just once! I was more intrigued with the process than actually participating. Some take this "sport" seriously and go so far as to erect "fishing huts", and bring in heaters, and medicinal beverages to keep warm. I've never really been into fishing as such, but, I will clean them and use my handy dandy cast iron fry pan to cook up a mess of them. It was a good experience but I think I'll stick with Winter Camping. People think I'm a little off just doing that.

4309 On Lake Simcoe - each has a private hut.

Roybrew

I've done a little ice fishing, when we lived Michigan. I thought it was boring also. Sitting over a hole in the ice with this weird little short fishing pole.

jason

fear no beer
Never got the chance when I lived up north. Never seen ice in the wild down here. Barely can get a small bowl to get frozen here.

Northern Dancer

I've done a little ice fishing, when we lived Michigan. I thought it was boring also. Sitting over a hole in the ice with this weird little short fishing pole.
-----> I sort of got the same feeling. It seems to me it wasn't so much about fishing it was more about the comradeship. Though I figure I can do the same around a campfire - preferably at the lakeside.

Last edited:

Roybrew

We can get one of these fancy ice fishing shanty lodges. Roll the carpet back and fish through a hole in the floor. Needs a nice fireplace.img-1255-scaled-300x300.jpg

ppine

Forester
I tried ice fishing in Wyoming. The winters are long and the ice is safe. It helps to get out. We did a lot of x/c skiing.
Ice fishing is a cold sport. Too much sitting and hanging out on ice with no wind protection. It is obvious why people build shelters.